Parts in Mumbai (India)

PCB "Fab in a box" --- Rs.4900(USD 75)

Toner Transfer Paper Pack of 10 --- Rs. 1000
Toner Reactive Foil Pack of 10 --- Rs.600

I purchased similar paper from somebody in Gujarat
some years back, if I remember Rs 50/- per A4 size
sheet. Then found this chromo paper Rs 120/- for 500 A4
sheets, my life long stock, as good as the above. This is
simple business using a hobbyist's weakness....look around before wasting money...

Roushon.

Hi Roushon,
Have you tried using TRF, after using chromo paper to transfer the toner. TRF is a green foil. I'll try using chromo paper with TRF. When I working with smd components they require really fine track there could be more the 50 components on a 2 sq.in baord

Last edited:
Hi Roushon,
Have you tried using TRF, after using chromo paper to transfer the toner. TRF is a green foil. I'll try using chromo paper with TRF. When I working with smd components they require really fine track there could be more the 50 components on a 2 sq.in baord

No, I have not used TRF. Using only chromo paper it is possible to make such
pcb. I have built pcb which contains MSOP packaging of IC. I have to make again,
for AD8610ARMZ, will post a picture.

Roushon

Jayadev and Masood,
Today posted you 5 pieces
(each) the A4 size chromo papers. You can practice with it
and show as sample to your local paper dealer to get it
locally. I am using HP Laser Jet P2015dn printer for the
print. I am sure other good laser printers also will work.
Please follow the method in my post 29 in this thread
strictly to get good result. If you get the paper locally
make sure it is very thin.

Roushon.

dear sir i
i have not get these papers yet.thanking you

They sell commercial goods and mark it as "gift". The question in my mind was how long will customs dept. tolerate such blatant illegality. Guess they have decided to stop tolerating it now.
I guess the customs are simply unpredictable. Hence I prefer paying custom duty, then getting duty reassessed. If your friend send you a $10-20 shipment form China its a gift you still have to pay duty else you have to do a bit of running around.

If you are a hobbyist/student and don't know much about the law's they will try to get some money out of you.

Your shipment is more likely to get detained if its send by EMS speed-post then ordinary mail.

There should be some sort of exemption for hobbyist, students. (goods imported for non-commercial use)

Last edited:
Copper clad board etc

Just came back from Lohar Chawl (Mumbai). Attaching the details of a
seller I found accidentally. Copper clad board and PCB making other materials. Wholesale shop. But gave me pieces of board (FR4, 35micron), around 1 sq, feet sizes. He has long sizes (2 and half to three feet) and about 2 and half to 4inch width boards. Will give in wholesale rate. You may give a try. Also has other things like silver solder etc (minimum 500gm). The shop looks unimpressive.

Roushon.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited: