Super tweeters

Hey Ronald, thanks for the link.

Yes 5ms seemed a bit on the extreme side when you think about the the difference between the right signal reaching your left ear and vice versa.

The cheapest (decent quality) way for delay is to daisy chain a minidsp 2x4hd right before the super tweeter ($225) it has a inherent delay of 1ms and then more can be added in 0.5 increments. Would give the ability to eq it separately from the main tweeters also which will be under control of the minidsp shd I already have.

The new phone book is here! the new phone book is here!……:D

I was going through that linked thread and is this the same thing I’m thinking of doing but the ‘echo’ would be delay in my case?

Fixing the Stereo Phantom Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindhornman View Post
I keep wondering how you can change the center phantom image without changing the R&L channels themselves?

“It's in the paper I linked. You can also look at the impulse file.
Briefly, it's a very short echo applied to left and right. The left echo is in phase, the right echo alternates phase.
This makes no change in frequency response, it sums to zero. But for 2 ears separated by a head, it does make an audible difference because it eliminates some comb filtering in the midrange.
There is a change to left and right (short echo) but it should be inaudible in either of those two channels. It's when they acoustically combine into the center that there is a difference.”

Attachments

• 852B8AB1-BA80-4163-B914-8D5E6240FFC9.jpg
    852B8AB1-BA80-4163-B914-8D5E6240FFC9.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Not sure if I’ll get to do much with it today but maybe set em up on top of my ns670 and try with a 1uf series cap just to hear them.
The ns 670 would probably benefit the least but it’s all that I have set up at the moment.

So Pano that quote from above (in #122) is yours……is that anywhere near to what I was discussing here earlier?

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As to the quote - yes maybe similar. Good phase control and a well treated room can cause a tonal hole in the phantom center image. There are many tricks to eliminate that hole that is caused by comb filtering around the head.

Hope you get a listen to the tweeters tonight. I've heard Heil or ESS at a couple of audio shows, I was impressed. Tweeters usually found fake to me, those didn't. Don't remember what model I heard.