Is the cld baffle construction canceling out the 4" midbass HD? t

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my flat from 20hz to 20khz system response(Not just the mid) picked up through the air through the piezo contact mic stuck on the concrete floor(vs noise). If the tape accelerometer fr stays flat, and equal to or below the noise floor(While being attached to the floor), we'll know that it will work well for taking cabinet vibration measurements

Attachments

• full system response through the piezo.jpg
    full system response through the piezo.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I just did the hd comparison between the solid baffle and the cld baffle, and... Nothing. Nada. It makes absolutely no difference, which I have to admit, makes absolute perfect sense. The results I'm getting are probably from a combination of factors, most importantly being the nearfield measuring technique, which is pretty analogous to what happens when you measure open air headphones close up. The bass fundamental relative to the hd looks much better. Back up the mic from the diaphragm and the bass drops off like a rock, which brings it in line to the hd trace below it. Vance Dickason's driver distortion measurements show the same kind of hd trends in the bass. That's why he probably shows no hd or fundamental on the smaller drivers below 200 or 300hz. It was worth a try though. A little bit of work, but I'm glad it didn't cost me anything.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.