SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I just also ordered a new Crown power amplifier. It is model XTi 1002. LOTS of built in filter options. I looked at high quality capacitors and inductors for use with my MW13TX. I would need to spend a lot of money on passives so I decided this time; I will get more high tech with DSP, etc. The Crown is class D but if for some reason I think it doesn't do justice with the MW13TX, I can swap it out. I now (or soon will) have 5 amplifiers, not counting a D class mini amp. The first Crown I got is class A/B. It made my Satori MW and MR16s both come alive like nothing else I ever tried before.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
HiQnet Band Manager™ | Crown Audio - Professional Power Amplifiers

This thing connects to your PC via USB. MANY features so getting a custom filter will help me fine tune not only the MW13TX but I can use this amp on every driver stereo pair I have, one pair at a time, to optimize the in-room response. Now, I just need to get REW working properly; it always says I have a way lower than expected level no matter what I do or try.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Crown HiQnet Screen Shot

From the online manual choices

Attachments

• bandmanager_screenshot (1).jpg
    bandmanager_screenshot (1).jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 633
But there is no alternative to SB Textreme in the entire SS line up, those are all soft cones, hard cones from SS are exclusively woofers, not midrange or midwoofers.
Exactly :cool:
Paper might break up nicer, but it start way earlier.
Looking for a Dayton Audio RS225-8 woofer? - SoundImports

Looking for a Dayton Audio RS225P-8A woofer? - SoundImports

To me it looks like the paper version of the RS225, start breaking up already at 700hz compared to alu, that start loosing it around 1900hz.
I'd much rather have a more pistonic driver and then dampen the breakup with EQ, than paper. But maybe the Textreme is a nice cocktail from both worlds. I believe that the smoother but clear breakup of paper, earlier in the FR, might be what makes them sound "warmer" to some.