SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Infiniti had a large dome; maybe 5 or 6 inches decades ago, I think from the Kappa series. I heard a pair play at the Navy Exchange in Yokosuka; they sounded good but of course, not ideal listening conditions. Most true domes don't have nearly the excursion of cones and most usually need to be crossed higher. Maybe something new here might break some of those restrictions!??

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Infinity Kappa 9

These are the Infinity Kappa model 9 I meant that had a large dome

infinity kappa 9.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I found this image on an e-bay site, my buddy had the Kappa 7, one model down from the Kappa 9. The Kappa 9 was too large to ship via US post Office from the Navy base in Japan back to mainland USA or he would have bought the 9 instead of the 7. (Of course, commercial shipping charges using the regular Japanese equivalent of UPS, FedEx, etc, would have been WAY too expensive and not worth it.)

Yes, these were very good sounding speakers for that time, EMIT mid and tweeter they called them if I remember correctly...

Ms Rainer Weber (from Kaiser Acoustics) received the SBA MW16TX and auditioned it today with the following comment(s)

The long waiting seems to be highly rewarded. Extreme clarity and speed and no harshness
So I asked if it was on par or better than Accuton Ceramic and he replied with
in my opinion better
:D

Attachments

• 122035118_3260561377362199_5385332499165026315_o.jpg
    122035118_3260561377362199_5385332499165026315_o.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 480
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Well, if it does better than Accuton, I'm sold! Accuton has a good thing going; I think they should step it up a few notches though. Better treatment to get rid of those nasty break ups; better motor too. The Accuton (about 5 inch size with "ears") I had literally decades ago was very nice mated with a Raven R-2 ribbon. (REALLY miss those Raven R-2's; excellent ribbon). Are the MR TX 13 (mids) size released out anywhere in the world yet? These will be my first TX purchase; still really hoping for price drops and third party testing, evaluating, etc...FIRST though...