SB Acoustics Textreme

I will wait for 3rd party reviews before I make up my mind. It has to blow the NAC series out of the park ... :)

Yeah, it's a tough value proposition. Looks good, but for US buyers the Purifi isn't that much more expensive ($330 unless I blew my exchange rate calc), and the NAC/NBAC/CAC are 1/3 the price. Avoiding the aluminum break up has some value to be sure, but I'd definitely want to see measurements that put it a clear step ahead.

At 8V, the H3 peak is slightly less in the TX but H5 is a bit more iradic in the TX. The on-axis behavior is slightly better on the Be even at higher voltage levels. Off-axis is slightly smoother on the Be as well.
T25B-6 does not have the cone breakup, flatter on-axis and much much better off axis, aka a tangible wider dispersion, so a larger soundstage should be one of the effects of that. Also if H3 and H5 is an issue, the T25B-6 will be a bit less harsh.

SBA might be a bit more intimate which is an effect of loudspeakers or drivers that are beaming. This is good for that phantom imaging but less for soundstage and people sitting off-axis.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Thanks 'oldspkrguy'. And Madisound's "$0.01" posted price did look a little low.

SATORI 6" MW16TX-8 TeXtreme Cone Woofer - 8 ohm: Madisound Speaker Components

yeah, ha ha; they did that just so they could post the drivers; I assume their software demands a price so that's why they did it that way. I called and asked them. Other sites are showing prices that are quite high compared to the other Satori drivers of that size. I'd like to see this same new technology in 8 in., 10 in. and larger drivers soon!

yeah, ha ha; they did that just so they could post the drivers; I assume their software demands a price so that's why they did it that way. I called and asked them. Other sites are showing prices that are quite high compared to the other Satori drivers of that size.

Yes, but remember the papyrus cone Satoris were also much more expensive when initially introduced. We can hope the price on release is lower than what those vendors are showing, but every price we've seen suggests they'll be much more expensive than the existing drivers, at least to start.

I'd like to see this same new technology in 8 in., 10 in. and larger drivers soon!

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Originally their plan seemed to be to have Textreme versions of all the existing Satori drivers - so a 13, 16, 19 and 24. Who knows whether Covid has changed those plans, though.

I am all for the Textreme woofers.

However, they will have more competition performance wise from the standard Satori's that are modified with an edge coating. This will greater reduce the 1.5kHz resonance and enhance stable imaging.

edge-coating
True, but its up in the air what the coating actually is (there is an ongoing debate here at diya) and unless one knows, well... lots of experimenting. Or send the drivers to Troels.