Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Some speaker driver measurements...
Some speaker driver measurements...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 12:07 PM   #291
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser001 View Post
Hello HiFiCompass

Have you ever tested or considered testing the Morel EM1308 dome midrange?

Thanks
Matt
Hello Matt,

there was no opportunity to test that speaker until now. Maybe in future.

Regards,
Yevgeniy
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 05:36 PM   #292
Arnandsway is offline Arnandsway  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Is it possible to send you drivers to test? Or do you only buy them yourself?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 06:41 PM   #293
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnandsway View Post
Is it possible to send you drivers to test? Or do you only buy them yourself?
Of course, you can send me drivers, no problem.
Let's discuss this question via email.

support@hificompass.com

Regards,
Yevgeniy
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 06:22 AM   #294
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
The measurements of Accuton C173-6-096 midwoofer have been added:

Accuton C173-6-096 | HiFiCompass
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 07:00 AM   #295
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiCompass View Post
The measurements of Accuton C173-6-096 midwoofer have been added:

Accuton C173-6-096 | HiFiCompass

The cleanest (midbass non-linear distortion level) woofer ever created finally measured by HiFiCompass! Nonetheless, I expected cleaner reproduction in the midrange for this ultra-expensive thing. This confirms that this company's transducers are extremely expensive but not necessary extremely well engineered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 09:38 AM   #296
Paul Vancluysen is offline Paul Vancluysen  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Heusden-Zolder
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiCompass View Post
The measurements of Accuton C173-6-096 midwoofer have been added:

Accuton C173-6-096 | HiFiCompass
I can see that your measured absolute SPL level is about 2 dB lower than the datasheet values at 2.83Vrms.
With Accuton drivers I have the experience that the SPL level in the datasheet is about 2dB higher than the SPL that is calculated out of the TSP parameters (at low medium frequencies) and the SPL measured at higher frequencies with own calibrated equipment.
I had that problem in the past with a C173-6-096E and a C90-6-724.
So, the TSP that I calculated out of the impedance measurement were conform the datasheet TSP values, but the SPL wasn't.
In attach my C173 and C90, measured at 2.83Vrms at 1m with my equipment on IEC baffle (red) versus the datasheet (black).
I have to contact Accuton on this issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 09:38 AM   #297
danny_66 is offline danny_66  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
danny_66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lierde
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiCompass View Post
I'm quite agree with you as spent many hours trying to tame it.(
It took also some time for me to get the C173-6-090 right.
I went from a closed 4 liter to a 10 liter cone shaped aperiodic cabinet stuffed with 30 grams Twaron angelhair to get it sounding good.

Thx for all those measurements !
Nice to see the difference between C173-6-090 and C173-6-096,

Regards,
Danny
__________________
My RefSpeaker v2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 04:34 PM   #298
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Vancluysen View Post
I can see that your measured absolute SPL level is about 2 dB lower than the datasheet values at 2.83Vrms.
With Accuton drivers I have the experience that the SPL level in the datasheet is about 2dB higher than the SPL that is calculated out of the TSP parameters (at low medium frequencies) and the SPL measured at higher frequencies with own calibrated equipment.
I had that problem in the past with a C173-6-096E and a C90-6-724.
So, the TSP that I calculated out of the impedance measurement were conform the datasheet TSP values, but the SPL wasn't.
In attach my C173 and C90, measured at 2.83Vrms at 1m with my equipment on IEC baffle (red) versus the datasheet (black).
I have to contact Accuton on this issue.
Your measurements are quite reliable
It is known "illness" of Accuton regarding stated in the datasheet sensitivity parameter. Its value is always 1-2 dB higher than in reality. You need to ask about that from Accuton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 04:41 PM   #299
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_66 View Post
It took also some time for me to get the C173-6-090 right.
I went from a closed 4 liter to a 10 liter cone shaped aperiodic cabinet stuffed with 30 grams Twaron angelhair to get it sounding good.

Thx for all those measurements !
Nice to see the difference between C173-6-090 and C173-6-096,

Regards,
Danny
The next coming are C168-6-990 and C173-4-091N...

The measurements of speakers:

C173-6-090
C173-6-096
C173-4-091N
C90-6-724
C168-6-990

were taken at once, so there can be a small error (+/- 0.5 dB) in the absolute level, but can't be any relative offset error in frequency response magnitude each to other.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 08:09 PM   #300
danny_66 is offline danny_66  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
danny_66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lierde
Nice, the whole Accuton family is assembled
The SB Acoustics CAC/NBAC/NAC looks impressive !
__________________
My RefSpeaker v2
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Some speaker driver measurements...Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver distortion measurements? maggiesnmacs Multi-Way 10 14th May 2016 06:28 PM
MA driver measurements tuxedocivic Full Range 67 13th April 2014 11:55 PM
Comparing REW, ARTA and CLIO in speaker driver and acoustic measurements panson_hk Equipment & Tools 28 9th April 2014 08:40 AM
Driver measurements Legis Multi-Way 0 12th October 2010 06:08 PM
Mic distance for driver measurements ted4412wilt Software Tools 5 17th December 2009 08:35 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki