MTM with TC9fd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Prototype boxes mocked up.
Parts on order.

Attachments

• 2A3E64A7-FE7F-4DAB-B6A2-DD8360F3D7B4.jpeg
    2A3E64A7-FE7F-4DAB-B6A2-DD8360F3D7B4.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 448
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
some of you were badmouthing me about ugly speakers with unfinished back I am building :) so I decided to put back grill (3d printed) on three bookshelf speakers and repainted some
remember, I am only using these from 150 Hz up, in biamp system, so I do not need them to go lower than ~100Hz
I like open back free from reflections, that's why...

Attachments

• book1.jpg
    book1.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 377
  • book2.jpg
    book2.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 371
I think the official name for such a texture is "toad skin bumps," at least according to a Google image search I did. ;)

https://media.istockphoto.com/photo...=AGpROPwzwJAluWRL272pCXEsvEzCymWWZSjMv6h9AOc=

That texture is used brilliantly to enhance the gestalt experience of listening to adason's speakers -- you don't even need holographic imaging or life-like sounds to give you the chill-down-the-spine experience. Just looking at the finish of the speakers would give you goosebumps already.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.