The Renditions - An Anarchy TMM/MTM Build

cheebs,
Top Right + and Green Wire (very easy to assemble)

Here's another sketch, for a mdf build. Again I cringe a bit when I see folks cut the sides too small/tight, so avoid that.
Another construction note about hole cutting, found a pair of circle cutters at flea market - $5 bucks each to add to the collection. I'm surprised they are not more poplar, the are perfect for speaker building, easy, fast, last for years.....
Do you need help cutting baffle boards? Everything is set now to rock and roll.

Tip of the day on circle cutters, replace the supplied 1/4" drill bit with a solid shank for better results.

Attachments

• DualPort.jpg
    DualPort.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 296
  • CircleCutter.jpg
    CircleCutter.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 297
cheebs,
Top Right + and Green Wire (very easy to assemble)

Here's another sketch, for a mdf build. Again I cringe a bit when I see folks cut the sides too small/tight, so avoid that.
Another construction note about hole cutting, found a pair of circle cutters at flea market - $5 bucks each to add to the collection. I'm surprised they are not more poplar, the are perfect for speaker building, easy, fast, last for years.....
Do you need help cutting baffle boards? Everything is set now to rock and roll.

Tip of the day on circle cutters, replace the supplied 1/4" drill bit with a solid shank for better results.

I have all of my pieces cut out all ready. I wish i had some of those circle cutters you have. My biggest issue was trying to get the tweeter cut out centered. I am not use to cutting circles so small. normally i use the screw holes to find the center hole but the tweeter does not enough holes. i can normally eye ball it pretty good but here a lil off is too off.

A nice find, thought some may find interesting.
A vintage MA6200, which is less power and older than what I've been using.
ROCK solid base and as advertised "let's the music shine through"
It's a great combination with the Dayton tweeters and the warm sound of this Macintosh amp.
History? Unknown. It's in pretty good shape tho-- runs nice and cool on this 4ohm load.
MA6200.jpg

Anarchy -- The Last Mid Woofer You'll Ever Need!

Another success!!
The xo is back on post #47, but added a photo of the center channel xo which has slightly better parts than L & R. (used poly caps for L/R, but they sounded fine in stereo anyway)
I found a vertical center works slightly better than horizontal center, but not a deal breaker.
A shout-out for the Anarchy, really nice mids for any 6.5" mid woofer, but also using four of them in a tower sub-bass (MM/MM) it rocks the house with 50watts per speaker. Grand total - 10 Anarchy's in one room.

The Dayton tweeters are shining through nicely, dialogue is crystal clear A+++!!
However after reading some other posts, maybe a Alum version may work a bit better?
Any thoughts about swapping-out without any other mods?

Attachments

• Oct 6 2 .JPG
    Oct 6 2 .JPG
    180 KB · Views: 172
  • Oct 6.jpg
    Oct 6.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 179
Nice job man! They look beautiful. I found out that I don't need the subwoofer on when my Renditions play. In terms of swapping the F tweeter for the A tweeter, you can try that and re-measure. The A is more robust, will allow you to cross lower (according to several posts), but I doubt if you'll be able to discern any difference in SQ, especially in a HT setting.

The sealed box ploy on the previous post was a flop, guessing the woofer cones just didn't have enough movement to sound right.
[speakers sealed well, it's super air tight]
Will try it one more time as a sub woofer before giving it the heave-ho.

Going back full circle -- this Rendition MMT works nicely.
Added thin strips of foam in the port(s), to help the 80hz roll-off (HT).

Attachments

• IMG_3051.JPG
    IMG_3051.JPG
    608.3 KB · Views: 321
Been dialing these in the last two weeks (something new every day).
This TMM with the 12gauge - 1.2mH foil coil seems to work the best.
Great tone and detail...very nice!
One revelation, they sound best slightly askew.
Posting results - all new testing gear in a different room.

Attachments

• TMMHOLM.jpg
    TMMHOLM.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 312
  • RENDITION.jpg
    RENDITION.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 302
  • TMM.JPG
    TMM.JPG
    710.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Only had one TMM but three MTMs
A simple mod, but took most of the day....Cut the baffle off the odd speaker and re-built it, and ended up with one pair of each.
Need some xo parts, but that shouldn't take long.

I hope some of you folks are building a set, especially those who like robust bass!!

temp II.jpg

Last edited:
I’m in the process of building these, and just wondered if the middle brace is solid or hollow? Solid seems to really restrict the air space, but I want to be sure. Also, did you guys put anything in the bottom chamber to equalize the weight of the upper chamber? They are going to be very top heavy if I don’t, so I guess I’d go with outriggers... Thanks for any assistance!

beak81champ,

No top-heavy issues and the braces are just 3/4" dowels. So the build is straightforward. The 5/8" port is 7" long, as seen in the pics. The slab of wood is not super tight, so 5/8" (or minuscule over) works nicely.

You're going to have lot of fun, the Anarchy take on a life of their own with the mid bass.

I'm still using a passive crossover for a TMM pair. The HT has MTM's.
Went with a mini-dsp, there; tried 24db, then 18db, but back to 24db with slightly different settings.
The HT has a Anthem AVM60, with Rotel power amps. This is my second AVM60 and never ran the room correction on this one lol. Didn't need too, lol
This is one silky smooth sounding HT room, sounds like the super expensive rooms at the high-end audio rooms (there's plenty around here VA/MD).

Let me know if you need anything.

Doug

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 53