System Pictures & Description

e409cce6ea9ce9c95218e0b97c48a905.jpg
873bf44b6cdd6210ff4d6fe125e10d3f.jpg
a03e5808e31c7726cddddf4de7ed687f.jpg

It´s all DIY (the whole system, not only the speakers).

Mid/High horns are glasfibre/polymeric-concrete/glasfibre sandwich (apr 90lbs) - 420Hz - 20kHz
Midbass horns are fibre reinforced concrete / polystyrene / fibre reinforced concrete sandwich (apr. 260lbs) 75Hz-420Hz
tapped horns are mdf/osb 27Hz-75Hz

For the midbass horns I shaped a polysteren core and covered it with several layers of concrete (fibre mesh reinforced) inside and outside, apr. 3/4" thick.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It`s a DSP based system.

DIY turntable / CD transport -> DSP -> SPL Volume 8 -> TA3020 amps for subbass and midbass / 2A3 SET for mid/high

Wow! I'll bet those are quite impressive. Incredible work.

Brazilian EconoWave... :) :D

DIYsoundgroup Fusion-8 Alchemy

...just completed a Fusion-8 Alchemy kit from DIYsoundgroup. They came as baltic birch flatpaks, except for the baffle which was pre-routed MDF.

I used 1/8th inch cherry ply (salvaged packing material (!) from an audio rack shipment) to veneer the tops and sides and finished with wipe-on polyurethane.

I couldn't veneer the baffles as they are curved on the top/bottle edges as well as the side edges. So, in a nod to a friend's rather tacky 90's era sports coat, I spray painted them purple….I like the way the color goes with the somewhat purple threads in the Eminence Beta-8 woofers.

For someone who enjoys and is very used to full-range drivers, these sound different. While not the same cohesion heard in my FRD speakers, these guys do dynamics very very well. The EB-8" woofers don't dig as low as I expected, but they play mid's exceptionally well….

Attachments

• purple3.jpeg
    purple3.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,577
  • purple2.jpeg
    purple2.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,576
  • Purple1.jpeg
    Purple1.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 3,124
My synergy horns and tapped pipes/-horns got a new playing room recently.

I discovered SET amplification with these speakers, first borrowed an SE(P) from a friend and then had to get my own. What a never heard difference among "transistor rolling", such a liquid, musical and smooth sound.

Filtering scheme (only acoustical lowpass for the Deltalite/BMS):

FR from listening spot ~3,2m from speakers (bass treatment is on the list).

Some of the speakers I have bought over 2 yeares ago, they were hanging around so I decided to put them in to a ''box''. Now I am pumping 300W to each of them, bass from the rss265 is really good and powerfull. The bamboo tang band rocks at the midrages (really like it!!). I was a shame that the speaker units were wasted for so long time.

Regards

Attachments

• k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 393
  • k8.jpg
    k8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 341
  • k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 330
  • k6.jpg