hybrid output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guess i think some more, here is another work , cant really call these Sz complimentry pair as a valve does not have bulk p or n doping.

if they operate as a local current feedback pair and designator of CFPs is the first stage then
technically not a Sziklai.

Simply call single ended hybrid i guess.

then there is the power plan.

the mandate on hybrid output is same as preamp:
i think spec link is on first post.

-

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 422
To get results comparable to your preamp from 2 active components that will drive a speaker is pretty much impossible. The patents you have been showing are for instrumentation and other high impedance loads. I'm not so sure they are low distortion themselves since they are from a time when germanium transistors started to become mainstream, meaning these are all likely at a much lower voltage than is optimal for a tube. The circuits were probably patented for the sake of being patented and were sub par for the intended purpose. You can have a look at what I did here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/266385-fleapower-hybrid.html#post4180143

To get results comparable to your preamp from 2 active components that will drive a speaker is pretty much impossible. The patents you have been showing are for instrumentation and other high impedance loads. I'm not so sure they are low distortion themselves since they are from a time when germanium transistors started to become mainstream, meaning these are all likely at a much lower voltage than is optimal for a tube. The circuits were probably patented for the sake of being patented and were sub par for the intended purpose. You can have a look at what I did here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/266385-fleapower-hybrid.html#post4180143

im sure it can be done. yes its a challange but the preamp performance is very encouraging.

right, four active parts total, p2p wiring using dumpster grade components.
The power supply and bias trim are key tools.

i did measure similar performance using circa 1968 germanium transistors so topology seems to be the crux.

-

When you hear it after your 6080 SE your jaw will drop down! :D

I am probably going to steal parts from that, my first tube amp, to build a 6av5 amp. Seems a shame though, the 6h13c output tube on the old amp looks real pretty and glows nicely - not many tubes have their guts exposed like this one does. But it aint very linear and looks like it might be better in a PP topology.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.