Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Post your DIY Musical Instruments/Amps here!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2019, 05:06 PM   #191
tamra is offline tamra  Japan
diyAudio Member

Learned French polish from Danish carpenter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0095.jpg (710.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0128.jpg (978.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0124.jpg (905.6 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0126.jpg (669.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 26th July 2019, 07:03 PM   #192
IceFyre13th is offline IceFyre13th  United States
diyAudio Member

Black Sunshine and the British Invader....

Both are kits that I built and customized.

Black Sunshine has a Free Way selector switch, neck and bridge pickups are Seymour Duncan Distortions (with Series / Split / Parallel toggle) , middle is a P-Rail (with Rail / Humbucker / P-90 toggle). CK pots.

Designed to sound like a Strat / Tele with an LP soul. Still waiting on the White Pearl Pickguard as the cream one just doesn't look right.

British Invader has Seymour Duncan Invader pickups (with Series / Split / Parallel toggle) and CK pots.

Designed as a very versatile LP (Heavy Metal, Jazz and in-between).

Both have many hours of hand rubbed oil finish, no poly whats-a-ma-call-it goo on these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Sunshine.jpg (731.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg British Invader.jpg (914.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 14th August 2019, 02:26 PM   #193
snaarman is offline snaarman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default A nice pair

My two electrics.

On the left a hand built HSH Strat with Telecaster look and pull switch coil taps. This includes "Bridge+Neck" and "All three" 5 way switch positions

On the right my Luthier customised Tele with three pickups working as HHH or SHS with second mini tap switch. It includes a "Bridge and Neck" 5 way switch position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nice pair.jpg (427.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 17th August 2019, 04:42 AM   #194
Gnobuddy is offline Gnobuddy  Canada
diyAudio Member

I built this little solid-state amp as a gift for a friend. He's a senior citizen with a physical handicap, so the amp had to be relatively light.

This amplifier is unconventional in a few ways, with a class D power amp board, and a discrete front end with a mix of JFETs and bipolar junction transistors. There's an active one-knob "tilt" tone control, and a permanent EQ curve built in to the preamp to remove most of the usual solid-state harshness.

The speaker complement is unusual too - it uses two boom-box 6.5" speakers in a ported enclosure, both for light weight, and because my budget for building the amp was very tight. The grille-cloth is a dollar-store place mat. The handle is a Home Depot drawer-pull.

The monogrammed letters (the owner's initials) were 3D-printed by a friend, and I spray-painted the resulting print, then went over the raised letters with a metallic gold marker pen.

-Gnobuddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF_Amp_177.jpg (494.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 21st August 2019, 01:34 AM   #195
44Builder is offline 44Builder  United States
diyAudio Member

I built a parts Strat some 40 years ago. Did not turn out the way I'd hoped.

Here is my recent attempt. It exceeded my expectations!

The parts list:

Warmoth clear gloss finished swamp ash body, hard tail. Body cavities lined with copper tape.

Warmoth vintage / modern neck; quarter sawn maple, Macassar Ebony in 10" / 16" compound radius, abalone dots, 1.75" nut, 1" fatback, and 6105 SS frets.

Callaham hardware; vintage hardtail bridge, SS string ferrules, SS 50s reproduction string tree, polished neck plate with all SS screws and .017" aluminium under pickguard shield.

Warmoth jack plate.

Greasy Groove pickguard. Tortoise CamoStrat SSS 11 Hole Pickguard, Pearloid, Tortoise, Speciality

Schaller M6 Mini 18:1 tuners.

Lace Sensor Holy Grail 3-pack added 4/22/2019. Had SD SSL-1L installed to start.

Mojotone 5-way blender kit with orange drop: Un-Assembled Strat Blender 5-Way Wiring Kit

(2) CTS 250k vintage taper audio split shaft 7% tolerance potentiometers
(1) CTS Blender 250k audio split shaft potentiometer
(1) Switchcraft CRL 5-way switch
(1) Switchcraft mono input jack
(1) Orange drop .022mfd capacitor
(2 ft) Pre-tinned cloth covered black wire
(2 ft) Pre-tinned cloth covered white wire
(1) Volume mod cap and resistor

Fender knobs, pickup covers and switch tip in parchment.

A chronological image gallery of the parts as they arrived along with the build as it progressed: StratoPartscaster Build | Flickr

Last edited by 44Builder; 21st August 2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 21st August 2019, 02:11 AM   #196
44Builder is offline 44Builder  United States
diyAudio Member

Some images ...

Click the image to open in full size.

Post your DIY Musical Instruments/Amps here!Hide this!Advertise here!