• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Premium ACA with CapMX PSU

Ray, "spencer" (forums name) from fetaudio.com is said to offer "good, valid" 2SK170BL. Please contact him.

If there are other members in this groupbuy, who need 2SK170BL as well:
maybe someone of you will order from spencer for those who are interested,
ask spencer to send the transistors to me, and I will put the transistors into the PCBs letters of those, who ordered.
So nobody needs to pay shipping costs twice.

Rudi

Thanks Rudi. I emailed Spencer earlier this morning to see if he can help. If he has them available and others need some I'm happy to go with your suggestion.

Ray

Hi Rudi,
Payment done. My apologies, still have an ADSL line, and due to trees, high winds and a thunder storm have had a bad/non-existent connection since yesterday morning.
Kevin

P.S. I always have stuff delivered to my work address, as the delivery to home is extremely bad.

Last edited:
Gary, I have sent you the documentation once more. Please check.

Gentlemen: all of you have paid, and I have already ordered the PCBs.
I will have the PCBs by end of January (I hope that the German tax authority does not interfere with the shipment),
and will then send you the letters immediately.

I have sent the documentation (BoM, schematic, drill-template, TungstenAudios modifications, ..).
You can of course do without his modifications, but you would loose a lot of audible improvements (and Watts!!) then! :)

If somebody did not yet receive my documentation: please tell me.
Perhaps I have mixed up the EMail address.

In the meantime I like to talk about the ACAs case with you (I Need one myself; my prototype case is very ugly!)
My idea is shown in the attached pictures:

As heatsinks I would like and use Fischer SK 47.
You can get from CONRAD, for example: %product-title% kaufen

Back and Bottom of the case, which I have in mind, are made of 1.5mm ALU plates.
Front and top are made of solid wood (f.e.: pine tree).
I will ask a carpenter-friend of mine, if he will mill front and top.
You can then paint / varnish as you like: black, red, oak, mahagoni, … Build an individual case!

You will have to order / drill the ALU-L profiles and plates yourself. I / my carpenter-friend will give you the dimensions.
I will send you the 2 wooden plates.

This is only an idea. I wonder, if you are interested.
You can as well buy a not-beautiful (in my eyes) case from modushop (dissipante, pesante, …) But: we are DIYers, aren't we?

It depends if my carpenter-friend has the time to do it.

What do you think? - Rudi

Attachments

• ACA#1 003.jpg
    ACA#1 003.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 463
  • ACA.JPG
    ACA.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 400
Hi Rudi,
Many thanks I received all the documents, it is highly appreciated.
My biggest problem is getting hold of the 2SK170 or LSK170. The Fetaudio prices are totally insane. Will try other means - might revert to diyAudio store if all else fails. Also can't get the IRFP240 (will check specs of the 250) or 2SC1845 here.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, $13 USD for a matched quad of 2SK170BL (fetaudios offer) is a very good price in my eyes. Take them - if you do not already have.

If you have a couple of 2SK170BL, but are not sure, if they are real (genuine) 2SK170BL (can be LSK170BL as well), please use the schematic shown below.
The shown 10VDC voltage source can be replaced by a 9V battery.
The voltage drop across the 100Ohm resisitor should be in the range from 600mA t0 1200mA (the IDss of a 2SK170BL lies in the range from 6mA to 12mA).
If it is: it is a good sign that the transistor will work and is not a fake.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Matching.jpg
    Matching.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 399
Originally Posted by Rudi_Ratlos
...the IDss of a 2SK170BL lies in the range from 6mA to 12mA...

What should be the target ldss for best performance in this ACA project?

The ACA sounds fine with any idss in the BL range.

And remember, you don't need a matched pair for this amp, so idss can vary a bit between the two JFets. (as TungstenAudio has mentioned in post #10)

Last edited:
My biggest problem is getting hold of the 2SK170 or LSK170. The Fetaudio prices are totally insane. Will try other means - might revert to diyAudio store if all else fails. Also can't get the IRFP240 (will check specs of the 250) or 2SC1845 here.

Hi Kevin

You can get two original 2SK170BL's from me. I'll drop it off if you let me know when you are home, or if you prefer, come pick it up.

I don't have 240's, but I know where you can get locally... :D