• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest in PCBs for Bruno Putzey's Preamp and Hans Polak's relay volume control

Joined 2009
Paid Member
If memory serves, it is about 70mA on each rail. Each of the four LM4562 needs about 10mA, plus each of the three relays needs about the same.

HxR12 modules are good for 100mA and up to 0.5W dissipation each, so perhaps two BPPBP boards would be too much for just one pair of HxR12s.

Jan Didden’s SilentSwitcher is good for 150mA, and apparently even more if you use a 9V source instead of 5V.
The current specs (150mA at the +/-15V and 0.5A at the 6/5/3.3V simultaneously) are such that they can be used with a standard 5V/2.1A USB charger. They are not actual limits; if you use a higher input voltage source like batteries (max 10VDC) or a wallwart delivering 9V at 2A, the available output currents are doubled.
Note that most USB chargers, even high power ones, provide less than 5V under load. I don’t know how this may affect the SilentSwitcher.

Im a late comer to building a Bruno pre. I did have a board from the original free issue.Its up and running with a 10k linear pot and exhibiting all the issues with excessive gain. My Ncore amps auto shut down if the pot is over rotated with no input signal.
I need a 16 bit attenuator board and construction details.
Is there any chance anyone has one or can advise where I might get one ?