• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simple High Performance DC Coupled Class A HPA with sub PPM THD

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If you guys want to get it working and replace the voltage regulators once they come in, using a standard 7818 and 7918 TO220 will work pretty well. You will end up with circa +/-15v rails which will be suitable for most applications. Then swap out when the nice LDO regulators arrive. Don’t solder the legs of the heatsink mount so that you can remove the sink to desolder. Also, the easiest way to remove a mounted TO220 is to snip the legs and remove the TO220 7818/7918 (they are under $1ea) and then use a tweezer to pull on the pin while heating with iron. That will reduce amount t of heat needed to be applied to remove all 3 legs at once.

This is probably a better route than the non-TO220 LDO regulators linked above, if you intend to replace them.

Actually there are solder pads for the negative reg as well beacause the resistors are already included on the pcb. I ordered these ldovr versions too. Expensive, but they should be with genuine and quality parts.

"• Multi-OUT Voltage Modes:
– User-Programmable Output via Solder pads (fig. 2a)
– Output Voltage Range: -3V to -18V (-3V Ref value, 1V, 2V, 4V, 8V and 0.3V solder pads for voltage setting): |Vout| = 3V + PINs "

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Those are perfect. I have been using these jacks from Aliexpress - they look similar and work well enough. Probably not as good construction as Neutrik or Switchcraft, but gets the job done.

6.35 microphone jack / audio jack / microphone stand / amp / headphone jack 6 feet free shipping-in Connectors from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

With some bent pins and a jumper I was able to use the PCB breakout board.

Btw, I have a new batch of boards for this project. If anyone is still interested in getting a board send me a PM.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Could this also be an option with flying leads? Wouldn't be the prettiest install but specs are very similar to the TRACO. There's still 1 in stock! :D

DKE15B-24 MEAN WELL | Mouser

Yes, this could work with flying leads as well. Thanks for finding that. It's crazy how some parts just dry up. Supplies seem to be fine when I am designing and spec'ing the parts.

Hi all, I have been having some major medical drama around here - in and out of surgery , in and out of the Emergency room many times , in and out of surgery Again --- so I missed the the buy . . . so I was wondering if anyone has any extra Pcb's they would be willing to part with? I would be very grateful - Thank you, Dean