• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for ArDAM Lite bare PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to this GB stuff, I don't really know the etiquette, but I'm OK with keeping this GB open for a few more days.

You don't need to worry that this will hold back the process, I've already ordered the PCBs with plenty of spares.

So OK, plus 4 boards for chi0001.

Have we got a BOM publshed for this project? Just want to keep things ready while waiting for PCB :)

Thanks

I will make a BoM and attach it to the first post later today.

It will be the shortest BoM ever - 3 part values for the on-board components.

Besides these parts, you will also need a 38KHz IR receiver (like the TSOP4838), an Arduino Nano and a 0.96" or 1.3" OLED display with I2C interface (and not SPI).

Plus of course an IR remote control. The Apple Remote is a favorite I hear. I myself am using a left over remote from an old DVD player. The code will work with most remote control units, as long as the parameters are set correctly in the code.

It seems that I can't attach files to the first post, so I'm attaching the BoM to this one.

I'll also be making a crude build guide, including the schematic and PCB.

Also, could the following members please contact me through PM:

- Fabian85
- wyan
- xaled

The boards are almost here.. :)

Attachments

• ArDAM Lite BoM v1.1.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
The boards are finally here!

attachment.php

I'll be building one in the following days and trying it out.

If everything goes well, I'll ship the boards next week.

Attachments

• ArDAM_Lite_PCB_1 (Medium).jpg
    ArDAM_Lite_PCB_1 (Medium).jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 357
The board appears to be working as expected:

https://youtu.be/2rZ_Vd2HrEY

I'll start shipping the boards in a couple of days, once I've sorted out the logistics.

I've also written the first version of a build guide: http://www.dimdim.gr/download/3648/

I'm hosting the file on my server because it is too large to be hosted here.

I'm sure that there is a lot of info that I've forgotten to put in. I'll update it as people start building and asking questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.