• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I sent an enquiry back to RTX yesterday morning.
So far no reply, it's only 23hours.

You are referring to A/S in the bank/account details.
I don't see that.

This is what I have and I don't understand it:
The Bank name/identifier is over two lines?
The BIC/SWIFT is a group of 8 letters.
The IBAN/account is 4 alphanumeric followed by 14 numbers.

Are your invoices showing similar?

Yes.. I had no trouble figuring it out, and neither did the person doing the transfer for me. The two line bank identifier includes the bank branch identification. (It's located in Aalborg)

I emailed RTX yesterday to confirm payment and provide possible shipping dates and had a nice message in my inbox this morning.

Attachments

• address1.PNG
    address1.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 312
  • swift codes.PNG
    swift codes.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 306
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I did a little digging and found that Audio Precision uses, Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed A/B, USB cables for their test equipment.

Does the RTX come with a USB cable?

I swapped out a Tripp Lite USB cable for the one I was using for a QA401 analyzer, it made a wolld of diffrence. .

DT

I believe the manual states that the only thing in the box is the analyzer, USB and power cables are needed. Also you will probably need to reset the mains voltage if you are in North America.

I am fairly cable agnostic particularly when it comes to things like USB cables as long as they comply with the standard. So if as you say "there was a world of difference" you need to provide us with either anecdotal evidence like: "the device actually worked reliably" or a more qualitative assessment like: "the SFDR improved by 12dB at 15kHz" or "the noise floor dropped 3dB or more over a 20kHz bandwidth"

Some details about the cable that proved superior would be helpful too so that if this is real the rest of us can cause a run on that particular cable.. :D As written I would assume the Tripp Lite product was inferior which would surprise me given my experience with their products and the engineering rigor which AP is noted for.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@DualTriode
As stated in the first post in this thread, it does not come with cables.

The USB cable should be a good quality USB high-speed cable.
Having said that, I don't think that the cable is super critical. The power consumption is rather low, since most of the power comes from the AC power line.
I have seen systems where the cable had to have thick supply wires, because relative high currents were flowing (charging batteries in a unit). But in this case, the current consumption of the USB is only slightly above 100 mA.

The measurement part is isolated from the USB part, further minimizing the risk of cable related issues.

Yes.. I had no trouble figuring it out, and neither did the person doing the transfer for me. The two line bank identifier includes the bank branch identification. (It's located in Aalborg)

I emailed RTX yesterday to confirm payment and provide possible shipping dates and had a nice message in my inbox this morning.
Thanks for that.
RTX sent an additional .pdf with the new invoice and the bank used that to make the payment.
They charged me £9.50 for the international Euro service.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I took a picture today of some of the units in production.

24 of these are ready for packing and shipment. The last 4, in the lower left corner, only need to have the lid secured by screws and frames attached.
Other units are in various stages of completion.

I expect that the first units will be shipped on Monday next week.
It may still take some days before the last order confirmations are sent out. We want to make sure that we can ship also the last ones within the announced time frame (from payment).

Attachments

• RTX6001_20171123.jpg
    RTX6001_20171123.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 310
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
<snip>
They charged me £9.50 for the international Euro service.

I'm glad it is all sorted out, I think this is going to be a very useful instrument. I've just installed the latest version of audiotester on my newest laptop.

That's surprisingly reasonable if that's the total fee for the wire transfer. I had to pay approximately £49 in fees.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jens,
The wire transfer was completed earlier today. The most difficult thing was to try and decipher how addresses are written in Denmark. I don't know if they got that right, but the bank was identified without too much trouble. It cost about $1,410 in Canadian funds including the bank charges as of today. I wonder if transfers with the Royal Bank in Canada are any faster than some I have heard of?

-Chris

Hi guys:

I went to a bank this morning but could not make the transfer successfully.
The teller seemed to be unfamiliar with making a transfer to Denmark.

Nor I transferred successfully online.
My online bank shows the code DK-9100 Aalborg instead of "9000" as shown in the order confirmation form.

I will go to the bank again on next Monday.
Specifically, I want to clarify the following:

Recipient should be:

RTX A/S
Stroemmen 6
9400 Noerresundby

Right?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.