• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB

Something to change?

JP

Attachments

• XRK_BF862-HPA_BRD.png
    XRK_BF862-HPA_BRD.png
    507.5 KB · Views: 251
  • xrk Desktop Amp final_v2.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 91
Something to change?

JP

nice,
perhaps a through hole option for BFXXX?
Also, is there any particular reason why you make trace entry and exit off-center to the pads?
regards
Prasi
P.S. you may already know this, but there is an option in eagle to export png images directly, it outputs very nice quality images without the background grid

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Custom desktop amp

I just handed this convertible desktop/portable amp off to its new owner. The amp works great and switches seamlessly between battery and wall power. Hot 75mA bias can actually rock some low impedance headphones. There is dual 9v slide out battery tray on the rear panel as well as 5.5mm DC input.

Front panel allows 3.5mm and 1/4in headphone outs (simultaneous).

Attachments

• 97857025-D20B-47CE-8ECA-5DFA53875441.jpg
    97857025-D20B-47CE-8ECA-5DFA53875441.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Wow that’s beautiful JPS64! You and BDHM did a great job on the layout. The symmetry looks perfect and separate ground planes for left and right and PSU are nicely done. You forgot to add your name to the credits though. Please add layout by BDHM and JPS64 if you want.

675084d1523707412-xrk971-pocket-class-headamp-gb-dxhpa-pcb-jpg

Does it need to be 2oz copper or we can go single thickness? I will do ENIG finishes for sure though.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Portable desktop based on PCA

Here is a custom amp I made for a customer using the PCA board core. I has 9v batteries plus ability to take DC input via DC step up, the cap Mx and CRCRC. The customer brought along another DIY Class A amp (complex balanced DC coupled type with many parallel push-pull outputs) to compare. You can guess who crushed the competition. It wasn’t even close. In true blind test with ABx switch box. We had a good time listening to headphones as well as speakers.

Attachments

• EE75E3BC-0A6A-4333-BD48-6DF5CBF758FD.jpg
    EE75E3BC-0A6A-4333-BD48-6DF5CBF758FD.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 238