• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I just received the 5 MHz package. Cheers Andrea for your dedication and staying on top that I receive the package.

This should be or close to being the last order from the last group buy since I purchased the last board and crystal available.

Thanks also for offering the finished board option. No way I would attempt this solution without a finished board. I don't plan to implement until last quarter of the year.

EDIT: Any links where to purchase the Neoprene decoupling? Can I use vibration decoupling car audio products? I already have the sample pack.

55-sample-kit-side-view_500__28015.1567979880.jpg

Sample Pack of our 9 Most Popular Products - Second Skin Audio

I think the OverKill Pro product might work (Video with Wine glass and Sub):

OverKill Pro: Closed Cell Foam Sheets for Cars - Second Skin Audio

Last edited:
Hi,

the DAC Lite does not provide balanced output, but maybe you could get the balanced output using a couple of board, since the FIFO lite provides reversed data.
I have to check.

It's a voltage output DAC, around 2V rms and around 300 ohm impedance.

The top version of the DAC is not yet fully defined, so I cannot yet explain the difference.

I attach a picture of the DAC Lite prototype.

It's a 24 bit 192kHz DAC (384 kHz to be tested).
It implements sign magnitude notation so the MSB does not switch during zero crossing.

It uses a segmented architecture, the first 3 MSB are thermometer decoded (in order to lower the glitch) while the other 20 bit are R2R decoded.

It's a voltage output DAC so it does not need a I to V conversion stage, although a buffer is recommended.

It uses a custom protocol and when used with the FIFO Lite the ladder resistor network can be digitally calibrated to reach the best linearity up to 22-23th bit.

It works with stopped clock in order to avoide any interference from the BCK during the word transiction.

The dirty signals like DATA and BCK are optically isolated from the DAC to avoid interference with the crucial LRCK signal.

It runs up to 24 bit/192 kHz with 5.6448 MHz and 6.144 MHz clocks.

It needs +/- 3V3 clean power supply, battery suggested.

Attachments

• TWSDAC-LT_PCB.jpg
    TWSDAC-LT_PCB.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 268