• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (seventh run)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
currently?

Where are you guys currently what version?? Where to buy? etc..

I am seriously considering this particular chip amp simply because of people are more aware or worried about SQ instead of just specification like the others :rolleyes: not mentioning names here

If i can get this reasonable and mount into one of my HK430 chassis with +-28volts i can give more of a realistic non audiophile review as i like to talk about musical instruments and there sounds comparing to live real sounds we hear all the time well i do anyways....

anyways please let me know

Lawrence

Where are you guys currently what version?? Where to buy? etc..

Hi Lawrence,

If you're really interested you're still in time for the 8th group buy:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...ion-gb-eight-run-v1-6-boards.html#post4624023

The amp had a significant upgrade starting from 7th run, with distortion gone down 10 times.

Also the BOM has been updated with the goal of a more neutral and universal timbre.

If i can get this reasonable and mount into one of my HK430 chassis with +-28volts i can give more of a realistic non audiophile review as i like to talk about musical instruments and there sounds comparing to live real sounds we hear all the time well i do anyways....

The maximum voltage for secondaries for the My_Ref is +- 25VAC, you will need new transformers.

Yesterday morning (Saturday) all remaining boards have been shipped.

Hopefully all partecipants will have their kits home in time for Christmas holidays. :)

BOM was safe to order from when I've released it, some minor changes (improvements) have been done, though.

- Vishay MBB0207 were not an improvement over KOA MF (but still good enough), so KOA went back in BOM
- Vishay BC 256 PMG-SI from the 'On a budget' BOM resulted so good they're now in the industrial BOM too.
- The NCC LXZ were a bit more neutral than the already very good Panasonic FR so they're now the standard cap for C1,C2.

Nothing that should bother who already ordered it, simply if you're going to order be sure to use latest one using links in the opening post.

Some further small refinement is possible (PTF56 from the On a budget BOM in place of Caddocks MP915 in the Industrial BOM too, for example) but rest assured that any version of the BOM is already safe to order and good sounding.

For partecipants that ordered boards with SMDs already soldered I've added a special BOM that omits the parts already supplied with PCBs:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=fbff7e1d92

Just a note:

1. Remember that BOMs are for 1 channel/PCB, order two of them per kit.
  2. No BOM includes screws and bolts for heatsinks.

Morning friends!

I am afraid my pcbs did lay quite a long time in the corner and I did not buy the parts... :(

Is there a chance to get the list of the parts I need, which were in the quoted shopping cart, (which seems not to work any more)?

It is BOM 1.5 with the smd parts already soldered..

Thanks for your help guys,

Cheers!

Edit: If I could use the newer Bom with my older PCB, I would be happy to just use the newer BOM. Is that possible? Has the circuit been ubdated and do the parts from the new BOM fit with the already soldered SMD parts?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.