• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SlewMaster Project Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jason, I received the boards today, fabulously fast! I think they look great and I thank you very much for this great service!
Take care of you and the ones in need around you! Wish you all the best!

Thanks very much for the kind words. I do genuinely try to please others as best I can. I will continue working away and hopefully have more to show in a little while.

Currently:

tjencks - 3x OPS, 5x IPS - Shipped
arthur - 10x OPS, 10x IPS - Delivered
kindhornman - 2x OPS, 4x IPS - Request Acknowledged, Temporarily On Hold
spind - 4x IPS - Delivered
ImmortalZ - 2x OPS, 2x IPS - Delivered
evanc - 3x OPS, 3x IPS - Shipped
triplej - 4x IPS - Delivered
Ranchu32 - 2x IPS - Shipped
nikosokey - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Shipped with special request
quan - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
afoor - 4x IPS, 4x OPS - Shipped
gwrskein - 4x IPS, 4x OPS - Shipped
famousmockingbird - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
niss_man - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Shipped
repeet - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Shipped
mlloyd1 - 2x OPS - Shipped
metallicus69 - 4x IPS, 4x OPS - Delivered
rohot01 - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Shipped
mrsavage - 6x IPS, 6x OPS - Shipped

If anyone else is checking in and has received their package I'd love to know. Thanks.

Currently:

niss_man - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
repeet - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Shipped
mlloyd1 - 2x OPS - Delivered
mrsavage - 6x IPS, 6x OPS - Shipped

I'm sure by now a few more have received their packages so I you have gotten your and are checking in please let me know, thanks.

Next Up?

Based on activity in the main development thread I decided to do 'Symasui' next, so here's a peek at that. It is time for proofing so if anyone notices anything please let me know.

Moving forward I plan on standardizing on 3" x 4" boards with the same mounting holes so all IPS will fit with one physical set-up.

Attachments

• Symasui Photoview.JPG
    Symasui Photoview.JPG
    747.1 KB · Views: 721
  • Symasui PCB.JPG
    Symasui PCB.JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 636
  • Symasui-V1.2-schema.jpg
    Symasui-V1.2-schema.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 441
Thanks Jason

The boards were received today. Please add a list of all the versions of
the PCB's that have been designed in this thread and the related thread.
I'm interested in the new Symasui PCB, after testing has been done, plus
previous versions. Take care and thanks again.:D

The boards were received today. Please add a list of all the versions of
the PCB's that have been designed in this thread and the related thread.
I'm interested in the new Symasui PCB, after testing has been done, plus
previous versions. Take care and thanks again.:D

Well, there are 5 distinct designs that OS has put forth so far. I'll try to list / describe them here:

1) Wolverine - A 'Blameless' style VFA design with a little more enhancement / refinement than the DIYA 'Honey Badger'.

2) Symasui - A 'Symasym' type VFA with some Sansui influence. Differential current mirror loaded VAS sporting mixed compensation schemes.

3) GoNAD - A NAD based CFA design using a diamond buffer input and Hawksford cascoding of the VAS.

4) Spooky Leach - A low TIM Leach based VFA design using dual mirror image input differential amplifiers and Hawksford cascoding of the push-pull VAS.

5) CFA-XH - A VSSA based CFA design and arguably the 'simplest' of the current offerings also utilizing the Hawksford cascode on the VAS.

In the Symasui, GoNAD and Spooky Leach a DC servo is used with Wolverine and CFA-XH going without.

My goal will be eventually to be able to offer all of the IPS. I'm ready to stare at Symasui to look for any errors / possible refinements and then turn back to the Spooky Leach.

Still quite a few in 'Shipped' status. Any more packages arrived?

repeet - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
mrsavage - 6x IPS, 6x OPS - Delivered

Still working on the Symasui. I found a missing connection and am now making what will be final tweaks.

Still some deliveries unconfirmed, one new request added. @kindhornman, since you weren't in any hurry I have re-allocated your boards. If you are still interested you will get boards from the next order.

Ranchu32 - 2x IPS - Delivered
rohot01 - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
akimmet - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Request Acknowledged

Planning on ordering more 5P OPS and the 'Symasui' IPS shortly. Any interest in a 2P OPS board?

I got mine thank you

Jason,

I got my boards, look great! Thank you.

Still some deliveries unconfirmed, one new request added. @kindhornman, since you weren't in any hurry I have re-allocated your boards. If you are still interested you will get boards from the next order.

Ranchu32 - 2x IPS - Delivered
rohot01 - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Delivered
akimmet - 2x IPS, 2x OPS - Request Acknowledged

Planning on ordering more 5P OPS and the 'Symasui' IPS shortly. Any interest in a 2P OPS board?

Have a quick look at your OPS boards...

Just a note to folks about the OPS boards:

A board member who bought some of the OPS has pointed out that the HAL tinning could be smeared resulting in a short between some pads. This was with only one of the boards, so may not be an issue with any of the others but it is still worth checking them. Apparently it cleaned up easily with the tip of a soldering iron and won't have any effect on the boards usability after removal. This is just a little of the tin plating smeared over the solder mask.

I want folks to know that I do have a look at all boards that go out to verify their quality before shipment but obviously missed this. My apologies should anyone find this with their boards. It should not result in any boards not being useable, just ensure no shorts are present prior to powering up.

I will ensure this is one of my visual checks in the future and I offer my sincerest apologies should anyone encounter this.

Attachments

• slewmaster_07.jpg
    slewmaster_07.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 378
Well, there are 5 distinct designs that OS has put forth so far. I'll try to list / describe them here:

1) Wolverine - A 'Blameless' style VFA design with a little more enhancement / refinement than the DIYA 'Honey Badger'.

2) Symasui - A 'Symasym' type VFA with some Sansui influence. Differential current mirror loaded VAS sporting mixed compensation schemes.

3) GoNAD - A NAD based CFA design using a diamond buffer input and Hawksford cascoding of the VAS.

4) Spooky Leach - A low TIM Leach based VFA design using dual mirror image input differential amplifiers and Hawksford cascoding of the push-pull VAS.

5) CFA-XH - A VSSA based CFA design and arguably the 'simplest' of the current offerings also utilizing the Hawksford cascode on the VAS.

In the Symasui, GoNAD and Spooky Leach a DC servo is used with Wolverine and CFA-XH going without.

My goal will be eventually to be able to offer all of the IPS. I'm ready to stare at Symasui to look for any errors / possible refinements and then turn back to the Spooky Leach.

Hi jkuetemann
Have five IPS boards for future??

To be able to choose and compare different designs is the goal of this project. The fellow who started this project, ostripper, has put forth the listed five and promises even more to come. I'm slow to get the artwork where I want it to be but hope to eventually be able to offer most if not all IPS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.