TABAQ TL for Tangband

You might lose some boundary reinforcement from the floor depending on how high they are extended but that is dependent on the floor covering, if any. If you have carpeting then you probably won't notice it.

Regarding the sand, you can use playground sand if you have a local supplier in Singapore; otherwise, beach sand would suffice. Just make sure the sand is clean and dry. Some folks will dry it in the oven at a low temperature just to be sure. My personal preference for weighting is #9 lead shot sealed in epoxy but that is more expensive than sand.

Dewdrop,

You could use a donut shaped foam (supra-baffle) to cover the mounting tabs.

The last panel can be attached via screws and stripped sealed, for example the back panel.
Or, glued in place with silicone or glue like Titebond. That would seal it well.

Having the back panel on with screws will let you adjust the stuffing inside to taste, and play with different values BSC.

Dewdrop,

You could use a donut shaped foam (supra-baffle) to cover the mounting tabs.

The last panel can be attached via screws and stripped sealed, for example the back panel.
Or, glued in place with silicone or glue like Titebond. That would seal it well.

Having the back panel on with screws will let you adjust the stuffing inside to taste, and play with different values BSC.
Thanks Perceval!

I pulled my TABAQs out of the corner this morning to listen to them. It still amazes me how good and how big a 3.5" driver can sound. These are Dayton PS95-8 drivers.

I have a pair of TangBand W4-1337SD drivers I think I'll try. They might need a bit of taming up top, but I'd like to see how they sound. These drivers have been used in the TABAQ, correct?
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_085023.jpg
    IMG_20190305_085023.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 610
Tabaq with Tang Band W5-2143

Hello everyone.
I am a rookie here so please show some understanding if my questions sound funky.

I have been through much of this thread looking for my first speaker build.
I've decided to go for the Tabaq with Tang Band W5-2143, using the simulation kindly provided by Bjorn, #2224 (thank you so much! Amazing work and support of this project ).

There is a question about the parameters of the driver, as the factory provided differ from those counted by XRK 971 -> Decware DNA Horn

This question has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer so if Bjorn or anyone informed would be so kind, could you please clarify it?
Has the simulation taken into account the XRK's measured parameters or the manufacturer's?
Would it make much of a difference anyway?
Can I build the speaker according to the simulation of Bjorn and hope for the best or would it be better the TL to be remodeled to account for the actual parameters?
In that case I would be stuck, as I can't do that, hoping Bjorn would be so kind as to help resolve the matter.

Another question is about BSC, would this have to be adapted to the TB W5-2143 driver and/or box layout or could the standard used in the original design be adequate? I guess that it mostly depends on the final layout of the box, on which I am working and would be different than W3/W4 Tabaq's box.

Any input would be gratefully appreciated!