Help me choose a fullrange speaker

Thank you for all the replies. I want to correct something from the drawing. That is the speakers location. I have them 50cm from the wall.
I will first decide if I go with the paper cone or the magnesium cone.

There is a design out there where I can use both alpair 10p vs 10.3.
I might try the 10p first and if I dont like it.. purchase later the 10.3..
:rolleyes:

Dave, do you happen to use BSC on any of these two?

Please recall my correction regarding the distance from wall to speaker: 0.5m

Other thing I saw in the specs is that the 10p has lower impedance curve. Perhaps more suitable for my 8 ohm amplifier output?
Thanks again for all the suggestions.

certainly in your case i would not install BSC as you have only a few watts to spare and need the sensivity. And in such a small space (i have a similar space) room will add enough bass, even when they are 50cm from the wall. I use mine against the wall (back is 10cm from wall or so) and never used bsc in mine.

Hello,

sorry for stealing your tread Emartine, but I'm having roughly the same question:

living room roughly same setup and dimensions. Planning to put small (bookshelf / monitor size) speakers on closet with their backs very close to the wall. Driving them using a small SE tubeamp.
Listening to lots of different kinds of music: classic, rock, metal, bit of pop / dance.
I'm thinking of some Markaudio drivers, for example CHN110, but on the fence for an maop version. Would it be worth it? Any suggestions for cabinets (skilled woodworker so like to make them myself)

Thanks in advance, Bill

Hi,

work and family life took quite some time in the past weeks but I managed to listen to a lot of drivers. In the end I'm going with the CHN 110.

Found the FB41-24 DF and FB40-30 DF building plans but am afraid those are sensitive for the placement close to the wall. Any thoughts on this / alternative cabinets in this size?

Cheers, Bill