Best fullrangedriver?

What are the best full driver?
Who are the best driver you have heard?
Please give yours choice.
Sound is so so subjective what I like you may hate and what you hate I may like. The only way to know what drivers are best for you is listening to different full range drivers and choosing what sounds best to your ears.
+++ I can't. I need advice.
If you don't want to spend a lot of cash and you just getting into full range try some Visaton bg-20 they are inexpensive under $100 us dollars a pair and there is a lot of DIY information on the web about them and i am sure they are readily available in Sweden. Here is a link to an interesting build using a 12" full range with a tweeter above it. I have heard a lot of full range and i am not a fan of small full-range drivers once you hear large full range you will forget about small full-range drivers. another option could be the Fane 12" or massive !!! 15" full range tri cone speakers.

https://www.hifitest.de/test/lautsprecherbausaetze/img-stageline-kt-wallter-5213

Reactions: 1 users
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The only way to know what drivers are best for you is listening to different full range drivers and choosing what sounds best to your ears.

Everything, not just this variety of loudspeaker.

But loudspeakers in particular have the most compromises. Making a good FR is a VERY difficult job. There are a lot more poor FRs than there are really good ones.

And like with everything else price is often not a good measure of the quality of a driver.

And many of the compromises are specific to the listener… room, budget, SAF, taste…

dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Really hard on my nerves, made my teeth hurt, so maybe not as HF hearing impaired as I assumed, but a featured Diatone link with one of my fave demo songs was rather interesting in that while the bass was 'woolly' implying some type of poor damping, the rest sounded as good as a typical tube driven Altec two way horn on youtube, which while still a reference for many can easily be bested with modern WGs, so at a glance other than cab size differences it seems an incredible waste of time/$$$/materials.

Reactions: 1 user
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There is notion here that sound of fullrange drivers is all subjective.
Yes and no. While different people may have different prefferences, there are still objective parameters by which speakers can be assessed.

Properly measured fr response, on axis, off axis, beaming, breakup modes, impulse response, watefall plot...are all easily measured and compared.

Fullrange which measures terribly can hardly be best :)
So when you make suggestion for your best fullrange driver, please provide as much data as possible. Otherwise its bs.

Reactions: 2 users