High praise of 10" Fullrange driver based loudspeaker -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
There is an 8in version that seems to have nice TS parameters for vented/TL style alignments. If one could make any type of box, what would that box be? A MLTL, or a tapered TL? Or simply sealed cabinet?

Cube Audio F8 Neo Fullrange Drivers

A simulation of the F8 Neo in a tapered TL (similar to the one designed for the 10D/RS225 FAST) yields a pretty nice shallow slope bass fall off that will integrate well with room enhancement modes. This is for 4pi open space hence about -6B down from native 91dB sensitivity for 85dB.

attachment.php

Ignore the cutout for the small 10F driver and the main F8 cutout is an octagonal hole.
803725d1576909032-10f-8424-rs225-8-fast-waw-ref-monitor-10f-rs225-fast-tl-render-png

Here’s the F8 Neo:
dbb9c8_b7b2413878ae4e9fb23228dc021079ca~mv2.jpg

Factory measured response:
dbb9c8_d08ae7cf1875486bbc6c211179e13c80~mv2.jpg

The F8 Neo, although similar to the F10, is a different driver so I might start a new thread.

Attachments

• 43D0DFBE-1FE2-45F0-A590-526DF1FA8FB7.png
    43D0DFBE-1FE2-45F0-A590-526DF1FA8FB7.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 2,167
Last edited:
I fint it a very weird analysis
How you would compare the two things?
A measure is a thing, the perception another thing.
How would you compute the self will to a thing called "music" and "sound" ?!
The algorithms that are used in DSP are predictive but that's another thing.
Many things on the balance plate...almost infinite ( almost infinite is a nice nonsense!)
Having a hearing test would be a start. ;)
The other thing WRT perception is biological, women hear differently than men, i.e., from an anthropological view, more HF for the women to hear a baby cry, whereas men are more attuned to LF sounds of a stalking predator or when hunting etc.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Going back to the basics

:confused: is it just the differences of air pression ears capture ? Especially at highs frequencies and very low spl ?

Always wanted to find a 101 about how the sound travel and interact through diferent materials, air, water, brick. is it just pression or intensity ?

Starting with air in a living room without speaker but a reverberant room with a tic tac watch in a corner, is it just air pression involved when you hear it or is it vibrations that travel through a material which is here air moleculs that don't move but are a bridge for a wave, vibration ??? I would make an analogy with the eye and light, but really don't know! Anyway if someone had a good link about what sound is physically in relation to ears I appreciate that a lot...

ARe eardrums only an inverted esl producing electrical signals by moving a hammer from micro, nano spl variations ?? Is it just pressure or also vibrations (periodic pressure/time delay between two peaks of air pression) ? There are such difference physical sizes and ear shapes, amount of wax (dryer for asian, stictier for western, etc), furs, I assume also amount of horizontal and vertical sensors and all the things that enters in transmitting the signal to the cortex as of course agging than sometimes I turn off the hifi and goes back to my camera to shoot (with less questions as I don't diy cameras)....:scared:

I appologize if off topic or too much basic question :eek:

Last edited:
Not necessarily. To say that is to simply view it from a single perspective. Thing about a lot of expensive commercial gear is that people buy it because they want it, in the same way people buy expensive watches, cars etc. It usually costs a packet to produce, and if a classic sales model is applied, the manufacturer may only see about 30% - 40% of the retail price (at best) anyway. The performance may be there (it may not be), but many buyers of expensive gear are primarily after a beautiful piece of industrial design they can listen to while doing other things and impress their friends with. Which is fair enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.