combining two same full-range:does the low-range increase?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Offset bipoles can help smooth room modes but still won't make the bass go lower, just louder. You wouldn't want a fullrange mounted too close to the floor or it will sound bass heavy. Subwoofer yes, but not a fullrange. Hmm, there are some open baffles using a fullrange close to the floor though now that I think of it. They wouldn't have much bass otherwise but that doesn't apply normally.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Given how close the Pluvia 7 is to the EL70, i suspect that even thou EL70 is sadly NLA, his design is not obsolete. The P7 has been a straight drop-in (or only very minor adjustment) into the EL70 designs we have checked and Jim’s designs tend to be pretty tolerent so i expect P7 will drop right in.

dave

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
2 FR drivers does get you lower, if you use a 1.5 configuration.
Wrong, not lower, just more of whatever is there below the crossover point.
Using 2 in parallel isn't advised because you'll get interferences and you'll lose the main reason to use a FR anyway because you don't have a point-sound-source anymore.
If the distance between the 2 drivers is less than 1/4 wavelength, it won't matter. @120Hz, that would be about 71cm or 28 inches.

You either get more bass SPL or deeper bass, depending on your XO and enclosure.
You'll only get deeper bass if you use a driver that goes deeper than your fullrange. But that's not a 1.5 system, that's a 2-way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.