Custom DIY 8" Fullrange Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks

Some of the other development design on Alnico magnet.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I´m curious about your Magnetizer , care to share a couple pictures?

What about the yoke? Do you magnetize fully built speakers or just the magnetic circuit and then bolt it to frame?

Magnets are magnetized when they are shipped out to me, then assembled to the yoke, using piston guide.

I been thinking of getting a magnetizer too.

I will show u how i get the magnetized magnet onto the yoke when i back in my office.

Last edited:
This is how I install and assemble a charged magnet onto the motor. I not sure anyone will be interested in this.

There are 2 Jig poles are you can see from the photo below:

The 1st jig pole will be screwed onto the motor pole. This is to provide a guide for the magnet to locate it position on the motor base.

At this stage there is a need to take extra precautions, for neodymium regardless is it N30 to N52 the magnet will slam onto the base. If it is drop too high up, it will end up cracked, too low there is no way to stop the magnetic attraction to the motor base. My method is to place 3 to 4 alu or wooden spacer between the magnet and the motor base, so the magnet rest on top. Then remove the spacers one by one.

Remove the the 1st jig pole

Now I use a 2nd jig pole with a different size, and place the motor plate over it

During the assemble, I used glue like metal epoxy or Polyurethane glue. Only when the glue is dried, then will I remove the 2nd jig pole.

Never remove the jig pole while the glue is drying, the magnetic gap will shift away due to the magnetic close loop attraction.

It is a fairly simple and straightforward jig and fixture design. Or maybe my old job was a mechanical engineer working on Automation Machines, so knowing AutoCAD and designing them wasn't a issue for me.

During my design and planning process phase, there were many thoughts and engineering standardization with the magnet ring size and voice coil size. And from there I design tooling, bobbin, jig and fixtures for them.

Currently I have 3 cone designs, and I had so many jigs and fixtures that I had decided to discard 1 cone design and standardize on 2 cone design with the same VC.

Designing driver is not really a big deal, but it is the continuation process manufacturing accurately is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Last edited:
Started making using of handmade paper from China, called 麻纸, it made of mulberry.

I only made one so the recording is just a single driver playing
麻纸 Cone Video Recording

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.