P10-hifi Alpair 7.3eN + SDX7eN WAW (aka FAST)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ellipsa-1st-veneered.jpg

Ellipsa-inside-1000.jpg

Last edited:
Rafal - the "boxes" were a rather time consuming fabrication to fabricate curved plywood panels on CNC machined ribbed skeletal frame. All told with the veneering and finishing, there must have been 100hrs in them.

I was quite happy with the final results, but there are much simpler designs that would deliver a high percentage of the performance with less than 20% of the labour.

I've been living for a while now with A12PW/A7P MTM - more conventional rectilinear box - MLTL shared by the dual woofers, with separate tapered rear vented TL for the 7P.

I very much like the 12PW, but 2 per side are not cheap- at lower budget for woofers, there are excellent candidates from Vifa & Peerless

Yes, I am in Bulgaria and I will ship from here but I can cover the cost of shipping though it will not be cheap...

I am really sad that I could not give them the attention they deserve, you remember that I bought a bunch of drivers, including the matched EL70enBL, a pair of 10.2(all of these for sale too), a few BMRs as well but my quest ended as soon as I heard the 7.3enBL, you do not see that for sale ;)

My room is small - 4X5m and indeed the wide arrangement was not exactly unobtrusive, the slim version of the box would be great if someone had a bit bigger space t accommodate it. And now that we have a few decent digital crossovers and cheap amplification the possibilities are endless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.