some samples box very good for full-range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some enclosures design, very good for fullrange driver

Hi everyone, I have designed some samples box very good for full-range speakers. Today I will share for everyone to do.
Its advantages are:
- Improved a lot of bass range. You can hear bass range 35-40 Hz
- Keep the natural and real of sound.
- Reduce the sound um um, om om, sometime you can hear in box BLH.
- Neat, simple, can be done in just one week.
I'm sorry, because I speaks English no good, but I can use many pictures.

Last edited:
full range

I'm sorry, but I do'n know why my post not preview.
I will revised
I will begin by full range 6,5cm.
This is speaker Philips 7064M8
AD7064.jpg

This is the frequency response graph that I measured comparison between philips 7064M8 6,5inch in my box and Nirvana 10inch Alico in Canterbury box.
My box size H100cm, W25cm, D32cm. Canterbury box size H90cm, W60cm, D40cm.
7064M8vsNirvana.png

Red is the philips in my box, and blue is the Nirvana in Canterbury box .
You can be seen range trebl Nirvana better, but the range Bass of Philips
is also quite - So that was too good to only 6.5 cm full-range speaker driver
Here is the video clip I recorded comparing the same tracks between Philips 6,5inch 7064M8, and Nirvana 10inch Alico.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_v7ocQ9ls
first is Philips 7064M8 and second is Nirvana 10 inch alico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBx4d9zidA
this clip, first is Nirvana Alico 10inch and second is Philips 7064M8 6,5inch.

Last edited:
Box

Some picture for this box
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

One box need 8 pieces main and 4 pieces sub add rigidity to the box.
Very easy end simple, in side you used "Sponge soundproofed "
hix I do not know the name describes this material
you can see this picture

This material called sound insulation or sound absorption, to eliminate echoes from box walls. You need inset all in box. You can using thinner type about 0,3-0,5cm.

It seems to be a transmission line enclosure with driver on closed end and with very slight taper. Line length is about 1,75 meters.

Would have simulated the response, but can't find the T/S parameters for that driver.
Thanks! line length is about 1,7m. I don't understand T/S, because I am not a sound professionals. I try this box very good, I share for everyone.
This box very easy, you try to do one box, you will find unexpected and interesting with it's sound. I can confirm that with all my honors.

I test Fostex FE166∑ in my box. The sound very good
this is Fostex
FE166
FOSTEXFE166SuperNagaoka.jpg

I compare FOSTEX 166Σ in my box with Heathkit AS-101 speakers size is H84cm, W67cm, D45cm use driver bass 15inch and mid trebl horn. This is heathkit AS-101
heathkit.jpg

heathkit2.jpg

This is the frequency response graph that I measured.
FostexFE166sumvsHeathkitAS-101.jpg

Red is the FOSTEX 166Σ, blue is the Heathkit AS-101

You see, range bass of FOSTEX FE166Σ in my box better Heathkit AS-101.

I like the sound (using headphones) of your Phillips T-line better in the YouTube than the Nirvana - perhaps lack of high treble is making the Phillips bass more prominent but it also sounds better defined in pitch (I think)

Your Heath-Altec reflex has an old Kimberly-Clark paper insulation material called "Kimsul"

that's impressive extension for the 166 Sigma. Did your 8 inch cabinet work as well?

Last edited:
I like the sound (using headphones) of your Phillips T-line better in the YouTube than the Nirvana - perhaps lack of high treble is making the Phillips bass more prominent but it also sounds better defined in pitch (I think)

Your Heath-Altec reflex has an old Kimberly-Clark paper insulation material called "Kimsul"
Thanks! The materrial in my box is "Rubber preterm soundproof". Trebl of Driver Philips 7064M8 no good, this driver very cheap. Tomorrow, I will post the box for full range 8inch. I used driver philips 9710M01 and Klangfilm simiens, You will hear trebl range very good.

All the graphs satisfy my table were measured directly from the speaker. I use a laptop, USB Soundcard TASCAM US-144, Micro Takstar CM63 and REW 5.0 software.

Today, I went to my friend's house, and measured the frequency graph of speakers Coral BL8 use driver Klangfilm simiens 8inch , and Onkyo Scepter 10 15inch bass.
This in Box Coral BL8

This is the frequency graph Fostex 166 sigma in my box and Klangfilm Siemens 8inch in Coral BL8

You can be seen the frequency range of fostex FE166 sigma in my box (Red) better than Klangfilm Siemens 8inch in Coral BL8 box.

This is Onkyo Scepter 10, driver bass 15inch.

This is the frequency graph of FOSTEX 166 sigma in my box and Onkyo Scepter 10 15inch bass.

Ranger bass of Onkyo Scepter 10 (blue) 10 larger, but the depth is not necessarily more FOSTEX 166sigma

I've posted the details form box for full-range speakers 6,5inch. It's really simple and easy construction, but the sound quality is surprisingly. You can build a pair to enjoy great sound quality it offers.

You cut the speaker hole depending your driver size, sound hole you can the option of a square, rectangle, rhombus, circle, oval ... depending you like, but requires must be equal to or greater than the speaker.
Thank for watch.

I've posted the details form box for full-range speakers 6,5inch. It's really simple and easy construction, but the sound quality is surprisingly. You can build a pair to enjoy great sound quality it offers.

You cut the speaker hole depending your driver size, sound hole you can the option of a square, rectangle, rhombus, circle, oval ... depending you like, but requires must be equal to or greater than the speaker.
Thank for watch.

Thanks for your description of your build details and measurements. It's very helpful for a person new to the subject such as me. Have fun listening to your box. I'm going to try some experiments based on your descriptions.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Vvxuan,
Thanks for sharing your design and measurements. Good to see others providing measurements as well as sound clips - something I have always done to give others an idea of the performance and the sound. It looks like Diy is very much alive in VN. Those are very nice antique drivers and BLH boxes. For your measurements, can you also provide the harmonic distortion plots for 2nd through 5th? Also, impulse response curves are very useful. On the plots try to expand the range so that we can see more resolution in the vertical axis. Perhaps show 40dB to 100dB as vertical axis. On the data in general can you show with 1/12oct smoothing? I did not catch if your microphone has been calibrated.
Regards,
X

Last edited:
Thanks for your description of your build details and measurements. It's very helpful for a person new to the subject such as me. Have fun listening to your box. I'm going to try some experiments based on your descriptions.
You have to trust me, will not disappoint you. You can follow this form (for driver 6,5inch) or samples box for driver 8inch, I will post now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.