Help to get a bench power supply:-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I want to go out in the electronic world to learn, what should I avoid to start with, because it's to hard, demands to much knowledge or will cost to much?

I imagine building the following from the ground up, will be to hard: RF circuit, smps and boards with a programmable chips, any more? :)

Just a thought. If you want to get started with the real basics, why not pick up a children's electronics set. This is how I learned the basics years ago (specifically "Funway" books and kits)

It's low cost, safe, and you can learn the basics of how voltage and current work, how different components operate etc.

There are many n-in-1 kits (eg. 150-in-1) around nowadays which all include projects and detailed instructions and explanations.

Just a thought. If you want to get started with the real basics, why not pick up a children's electronics set. This is how I learned the basics years ago (specifically "Funway" books and kits)

It's low cost, safe, and you can learn the basics of how voltage and current work, how different components operate etc.

There are many n-in-1 kits (eg. 150-in-1) around nowadays which all include projects and detailed instructions and explanations.
Sound maybe as a great idea... I think I know how the basic components work, like BJT, Mosfet, diods, zenor, bridge, resistors, electrolytic and other non polarized caps, what I think I need is the fundamental in what circuit is great to know, how do they work and mostly why. I do also know Ohm law but much above that is still "new mans land" :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Why not build just an extra power supply for your needs? For solid-state like Pass clones, they are very similar, but mostly you can just swap the transformer for other amp builds and there are good inexpensive toroidal transformers. For tube there are PSU floating around that could also work. Digital design at a previous company we always used a modded PC power supplies vs bench supplies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.