DiAna, a software Distortion Analyzer

Scott it turns out what I was looking at was a third party ASIO lib with demo restrictions. I thought it was from Steinburg.. There is no limit.

ASIO is nothing more than a description of a COM interface. COM belongs to Microsoft. The magic is with the driver.

I don't see how Steinburg can put any restrictions on it at all if you write your own code. They have example code but one doesn't have to use it.

I found another third part lib which is free. It works very well. But then there is all the issues that Edmond has run into.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Edmond,

have a good 2019 and I must tell you ....
big thanks for your "Diana", the loveliest female distortion analyser ever seen....

:D:D

Last days I had more time and I measured some amps

Aleph 3, my my beast F4 with IXYS pucks and some circuits with Tokins.
Besides the distortion pattern, it was a pleasure to see the phase of h2 as well.

I am so happy that your program works so well.

:):):)

I tried to download the Diana zip file but my Kaspersky internet security software refuses…….it thinks it is harmful software (adware) and blocks the connection. I assume that it is ok and I just have to find out how to learn Mr. Kaspersky that everything is ok...…..

I tried to download the Diana zip file but my Kaspersky internet security software refuses…….it thinks it is harmful software (adware) and blocks the connection. I assume that it is ok and I just have to find out how to learn Mr. Kaspersky that everything is ok...…..

Remove it: it's more trouble (and $) than anything.
I've been running the free Windows Defender (Windows 8.x, 10), and Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7) before that, with ZERO issue so far.

Hi,
It's a false positive indeed. But to convince yourself it's absolutely unharmful, you might send the file for inspection to Kaspersky lab: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/general/products/12822

Cheers,
E.

Once you have your ASIO set, you can pick any soundcard you have.

Attachments

• Sources.png
    Sources.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 245
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am the proud owner of an AP SYS272. I would like to look in more detail into the waveform of the residual of the signal. The AP can give me that residual (supressed fundamental), how can I feed this into DiAna? I guess I have to use a sound card to get the signal into the PC.

Will DiAna complain if there is no fundamental, or can I insert a fundamental in the other channel of the soundcard and use that in some way?

Jan

I am the proud owner of an AP SYS272. I would like to look in more detail into the waveform of the residual of the signal. The AP can give me that residual (supressed fundamental), how can I feed this into DiAna? I guess I have to use a sound card to get the signal into the PC.

Will DiAna complain if there is no fundamental, or can I insert a fundamental in the other channel of the soundcard and use that in some way?

Jan

I tried it two months ago with my setup that includes Samuel's notch filter and his LNA, synchronizing DiAna with a full voltage fundamental on the other sound card channel.
It worked, and then I entered the results for several runs into an Excel sheet for comparison. There was no consistency in the THD values obtained, so I decided to wait for the official version that would support this mode.

On the other hand, I may have made a mistake somewhere in the process, but I couldn't find any at the time.

Regards,
Braca