Mini-Lab Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One could always make it MCU-compatible: isolation amplifiers are available for as little as 5$ or even less nowadays.

Another option would be a small slave controller on the high side to carry out A/D and D/A conversion in serial format, linked to the main controller via cheap digital optocouplers.

Here is a small (but important) revision of the main section.
I noticed that during power-up and down, the output voltage became uncontrolled.
As it could damage sensitive circuits, it was necessary to fix it.

The cure is the addition of a resistor R45 of 1K8 in parallel with the diodes supplying the reference for the CCS biasing the output ballast:

attachment.php

This forces the ballast to shutdown earlier than the rest of the circuit, thus muting the output when the non-regulated voltage is too low

Attachments

• MinilabV1.png
    MinilabV1.png
    62 KB · Views: 291
Thanks for publishing your lab supply Elvee!

In an effort to understand the circuit I spent some time re-arranging the pieces. I hope I didn't break it! :eek:

I don't fully understand it yet, but I am getting there :D

Attachments

• elvee-lab-supply.asc
    13.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_2020-11-25_16-55-49.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-25_16-55-49.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: 1 user
OK, it took some time but I managed to review your schematic: mine was too cramped, because I wanted everything to be easily legible at a glance, but yours is somewhat ...aerated, which isn't easy either.

The sim is "repaired", the problem was simply the use of a LT1055 in the voltage controller: its common mode doesn't include the V- rail.
Instead, you should use the other half of the LT1013, as I did:

attachment.php

Note that the parts of the circuit you have omitted play a non-negligible role in practice, and should be included in a real build, even if the sim appears to work without them

Attachments

• CellMit.png
    CellMit.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 180
  • elvee-lab-supplyR.asc
    13.2 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.