Audio Precision AP Analyser series

WIN8 and WIN7

If your new system is a desktop version running WIN8, you could install a new
version of WIN7 Professional. You might have to purchase a copy of WIN7
Professional but it does not cost very much. New PC will run WIN7 32-Bit
or 64-Bit, so drivers are available. I find WIN8 is a mess. It's fine for a PAD
device, but for desktops is not useful, especially since the user's interface is
so different. Just an idea. Take care.:(

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Richard:
Check page 6 of this to see what you should see on the AP2722: http://www.ap.com/download/file/183 it shows the settings. The measured performance is pretty exceptional.

yes, pretty impressive performance. But, I was refering to the set-up screen/menu's. What does the setup look like via those pull-down menu'es for that FFT result.

I have been able to get two WIN screens -- the new one which is totally nuts... and the old look of WIN7 pro. Just by a single keyboard button... so i am OK with that. [dont ask me how I did it... its a miracle]
Thx-Richard

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I found it in the ISP's spam filter..... when I tried to retrieve it.... it dissappeared and I cannot find it. But I know where to look for it now. pls try sending again and I'll try to retrieve it again -- and set the filter to allow everything thru.

Thx-Richard

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
No. and, you sent attachements to me?

I have the ISP's filter on HIGH. Today i (temporarity??) changed it to Low.

My ISP uses Mailguard. If any syntax is wierd and not according to the official internet rule book or if the subject or name is strange in any way -- with numbers and letters mixed... periods or commas or other symbols in the wrong place --- it get blasted to outter space and I have to go thru pages of spam to find it.

Thx-Richard

Last edited:
No. and, you sent attachements to me?

I have the ISP's filter on HIGH. Today i (temporarity??) changed it to Low.

My ISP uses Mailguard. If any syntax is wierd and not according to the official internet rule book or if the subject or name is strange in any way -- with numbers and letters mixed... periods or commas or other symbols in the wrong place --- it get blasted to outter space and I have to go thru pages of spam to find it.

Thx-Richard

Quite a while ago. PDF attachments. Wondered why I didn't hear anything back from you.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Quite a while ago. PDF attachments. Wondered why I didn't hear anything back from you.

Pls resend now while the mailguard is on low sensitivity.

Meanwhile, i called A-Prec today. Over the phone it seems that the Dolby option is the problem with WIN8.... Dolby is trying to take control when I am trying to do FFT and THD tests. So they will figure something out for me even if I have to disable the (expensive) dolby option. I would not be using Dolby tests anyway.
Should hear from them on Friday or Monday. But, I was able to go thru all the menu's and set them up via A-P Tech support and save them..... so when it does work (without Dolby test option) I will be ready to hit the GO button. :D

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Pls resend now while the mailguard is on low sensitivity.

Meanwhile, i called A-Prec today. Over the phone it seems that the Dolby option is the problem with WIN8.... Dolby is trying to take control when I am trying to do FFT and THD tests. So they will figure something out for me even if I have to disable the (expensive) dolby option. I would not be using Dolby tests anyway.
Should hear from them on Friday or Monday. But, I was able to go thru all the menu's and set them up via A-P Tech support and save them..... so when it does work (without Dolby test option) I will be ready to hit the GO button. :D

Thx-RNMarsh

Check your email Rick.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I found it... thank you.... it was in spam ... now i can reset the mailguard.... it had let thru 970 spam to look thru. wow. it was the subject line that was too cazy for it... but in the low setting it didnt care and passed it and everything else in the world. Looks like good stuff :)
S
And, i found Samuel G's software too. And PC curve tracer software and all sorts of things holding me up. My lucky day.... I need one of those lucky days every once in awhile... falling behind now on many fronts with these kinds of issues - not productive. Hope to be back on track before too long.

Thx-Richard

Last edited: