Sunvalley SV-S1616D [300B]

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Yes, I thought they were... ;)

The options are these here, I guess?
If I would choose to go with anything you listed (for example, the Corror/Linlai WE300B...), the price would have to be added up, right?
(Sorry, I'm a bit stubborn here...)
Sunvalley SV-S1616D [300B] point to point 300B amp + Hashimoto H-20-3.5U ----> available NOW....

Price $1,975 (order after Sept 15, 2021)
TUBE SET OPTIONS
300B:
COSSOR/LINLAI Black Plate $195
COSSOR/LINLAI WE300B $535
WESTERN ELECTRIC 300B

Driver tubes
ECC81/12AT7 X 1

CV4024/12AT7 Brimar $60
CV4024/12AT7 Mullard, $60
Valvo ECC81 $65
ECC81/12AT7 Telefunken $125

ECC82/12AU7 X 2
6067/12AU7 Brimar $60 X 2
12AU7 Brimar $60 X 2
12AU7 Valvo $60 x 2
ECC82 Telefunken $275 X 2

Coupling Caps
0.1 X 2
0.22 X 2
VCAP ODAM $200
AUDIO Note Copper $275
WBT 805 Silver Solder 42G $45

This kit allows you to select between 300B or KT88/120 tube set.
KT conversion KIT $195.00

I would like to thank Victor for assisting my very nice wife in ordering me a Sunvalley S1616D 300b for my upcoming birthday. Anyone seriously considering this amp should speak with him. He was able to provide me with the best components at a very reasonable price.
Thank you Victor.
BTW the Hashimoto OPTs alone are probably around $850 retail by the time you got them over here.

A friend is asking me to build an amp for him and is leaning towards this amp. Before I buy it for him, are there are recommendations or feedback on it? I know Victor said he has sold a lot of these already but it would be good to hear from those folks that bought the kit. It appears a fairly easy build and by looking at the online builds posted several years ago it has gone thru some revisions and a lot cleaner inside. A comparison of 300B vs 8600/8900 or even other pentode amps is welcomed.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Zen, I would be happy to give you my feedback for what is worth, however if you have been following the thread the SV D1616 300b is a birthday gift from my wife. My birthday is in March. She will not me into the boxes until then. They are in the closet. A DIYers hell ! Would love to give you feedback when its done. BTW for comparison, I have a First Watt Aleph J clone, Transcendental Sound Son of the Beast OTL and rarely used modified Dynaco ST-70 with a VTA 6SN7 driver board.

Arvind from Dubai

hi Victor,

I have completed the build successfully and the Amp is singing beautifully. I have upgraded everything of the amp

- resistors - PRP

- capacitors in the audio path: upgraded to audio note Kasei along with audio note output caps

- all silver wiring

- binding posts to WBT

- installed a 3 way switch to match speaker impendence 4-8-16 ohms

- painted mustard yellow

i will write on DIYaudio forum my experience in building the amp. However plz find some pics of the amp

it has been an amazing journey building this amp, thank you Victor for everything

======================================================================
Thank you for sharing your building experience ....Amazing amp

Reactions: 5 users
Translated from Mr Ohashi's Bolg....March 1, 2022
Of course, it is possible to design a dedicated amplifier for the purpose of drawing out the maximun performance of the KT170, but the large plate loss tube should be ensured that it can be easily replaced with the amplifier that was used in the past (= compatibility). It can be said that it has become even more apparent. I can say that 1616 is a great leap forward with KT170.

In terms of data, there is no explicit difference from the KT150 to the extent that the low range is slightly extended, but the sound is quite different. The scale is even larger, it is clear and has no distortion, and the feeling of sounding with plenty of room is already gaining the sympathy of the users.

However, when it comes to sound quality, no matter how precise is measurement, it does not appear in the numbers. It is also true that the measurement data is like an X-ray in humans ... it does not talk about the essence or charm of the person. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of evaluation you can get in the magazine reviews (Please stay tune the review from Stereo Sound Japan).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n6dD2G]

This amp will send to Stereo Sound Japan for review.. This is the assembled report

Last edited:
Translated from Mr Ohashi's Bolg....March 1, 2022
Of course, it is possible to design a dedicated amplifier for the purpose of drawing out the maximun performance of the KT170, but the large plate loss tube should be ensured that it can be easily replaced with the amplifier that was used in the past (= compatibility). It can be said that it has become even more apparent. I can say that 1616 is a great leap forward with KT170.

In terms of data, there is no explicit difference from the KT150 to the extent that the low range is slightly extended, but the sound is quite different. The scale is even larger, it is clear and has no distortion, and the feeling of sounding with plenty of room is already gaining the sympathy of the users.

However, when it comes to sound quality, no matter how precise is measurement, it does not appear in the numbers. It is also true that the measurement data is like an X-ray in humans ... it does not talk about the essence or charm of the person. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of evaluation you can get in the magazine reviews (Please stay tune the review from Stereo Sound Japan).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n6dD2G]

This amp will send to Stereo Sound Japan for review.. This is the assembled report
Hi Victor, This is good news. The Test unit for review will be using KT170's and Arizona Green Cactus Films? Would you know why the KT170's have been selected over the WE 300B for this review?