Elekit TU8600S triggers current protection on one or the other channel at power on

Hi Kimgg , I'm glad to hear your amp is working fine with Gold lion tubes.
My supplier is just changing the one tube that I think is faulty , the crackling sound only happens for a second so it's hard to pinpoint witch channel it comes from so fingers crossed.
It's a great sounding amp so I will miss it until it's fixed.

Hi all. My new selected pair of 300B just arrived. This time I went JJ Electronic instead of Genalex Gold Lion. Everything ok! It works like a charm! :) Thanks again to Kimgg for the valuable hint. The diagnosis is confirmed: faulty Genalex :mad:. I will keep the other good Genalex as spare.
Just a comment for Paul: I have to say that, all in all, the Genalex seemed to perform a little bit better than these JJ. I have not an "absolute ear" (despite I'm a church organist...), but I can perceive some subtle improvement with Gold Lions... Therefore, if you succeed with your Genalex, stay happy with them!

Do you mean that, if you exchange the new tube between channels, the defect follows the tube? If this is true, very bad, but also very clear: another defective Gold Lions... I could suppose that these are tubes coming from the same, ill-fated production lot... Perhaps it's time to change music, following the Victor's suggestion...

It could very well be... In facts, as soon as I realized that my problem was related to one of the tubes, I decided to go JJ Electronic, and everything went ok. On the other hand, Victor has an immense experience, and if he says that he is not proposing Gold Lion anymore, I would not insist with them. As I was telling you, I had the feeling that audio quality with Genalex was a bit better, but: 1) these feelings are quite subjective, and 2) insisting after the second failure does not seem to me really worth ("errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum")

Hi all, just to let you know: Victor shipped to me a complete tube set, including a matched pair of COSSOR/LinLai Black Plate 30B. I asked Victor as well to suggest me the best choice (price / performance) for upgrading the 4 coupling caps, and he shipped me 4 x ODAM V-Cap ODAM Oil Damped Advanced Metalized Audio capacitors. I just finished installing everything. The final result is UAHO! Definitely more power, much better definition in the mid range, and always a damn silent amp! Very, very, very good upgrade. Let me thank again Victor for the highly professional and real-time support.