Elekit TU8600S triggers current protection on one or the other channel at power on

My board has the pads but there is no jumper. The traces in the manual show that the 5.1K resistor is in parallel with the 430 ohm resistor, which is equivalent to having the jumper permanently attached. My board is the same version as yours, so it should be the same.

Attachments

• D27FD3DC-A891-4467-B0FA-3DE7B71A3583.jpg
    D27FD3DC-A891-4467-B0FA-3DE7B71A3583.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 146
I don't think so. Without analyzing the schematic in details, I think the voltage reference (U102/U202) is to set a threshold beyond which the 300B bias gets enabled. On the other hand, the SCR is to shut down B+ under fault conditions. Mixing up the two would cause B+ to shut down or B+ to never get enabled.

I spent all day working on the amp. The amp plays fine on both channels after I toggle power a few times.

It has power on issues. I will keep working on it. The 3 amp voltage regulator for the 300b heater filament is getting my attention now.

Several sources indicate that the 300b requires 3 amps or more during cold start. I will continue to work on it.

Since the amp works after finally getting it started, I am focused on turn on transients.