Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Sorry Badri.

All of the PCB locations for polarized caps will have a circle with a dot indicating where the -'ve pin should go. The vast majority of through-hole capacitors have a stripe on the -'ve side.

If you have a multimeter with a continuity check, you can usually see connection to ground at the striped pin, just to double check. It's sometimes a bit counter-intuitive when dealing with negative supplies because the polarity to ground is reversed, but if you're just swapping components then just keep the stripes on the dots and you should be fine.

Ben

The original CD05 and CD06 are non-polar. Any way around is the correct way as long as you're replacing with non-polar.

Attachments

• cut.PNG
    cut.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Don't you have the service manual ? If not, go to post 1 of this thread, follow the link in Ray's signature to his webpage. Here you will find the manual.

In there you will see that the non-polar is parallel to an electrolytic. If you are to replace the non polar with the BG, forget about the non-polar and replace the electrolytic instead. The electrolytic is marked + and -

Last edited:
If you're just starting out, I would stick to swapping like-for-like. You're on very thin ice replacing ceramic caps with Black Gates. My experience has been that Black Gates are a good swap for power supply (especially analogue) if you can get them, and silver mica are great alternatives for ceramic. Mundorf AG are great for PSU and Silver-Oil for signal coupling.

cap mounting

I bought Mundor AG 4700/40v for c803/804. But it is too big to fit. Do you have suggestion to fit those Mundorf in those positions and as well I bought 3300/16v Elna silmic for C814 again the lead is to thick to go inside the hole. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Badri

Drill the pcb with a small drill in a dremel, Thats what i did to mount the pana tsups. 22,000 uf.
:D alan
The values your using are bit small, larger caps make more inpact on the bass. The machine runs better too.

Last edited: