Sony DVP-S9000ES laser replacement woes

Replaced some questionable capacitors on the standby power board (AC113 board) then ran a CD laser lens cleaner a handful of times. I dropped in a hybrid SACD and everything worked just as expected. I'm glad I didn't have to remove the S9000 drive to get it cleaned out.

The caps I replaced were C101, C104, C112 and C113.

Hi all I have the same issue on my DVP S9000 ES, it stopped reading hybrid SACDs years ago. I'm not convinced that is a optic/laser problem because it still reads SACDs fine and DVDs single or dual layer. this was very instructive reading all this posts, I will try to do the procedures mentioned to see if it works and maby replace the capacitors mentioned above, C101: ELECT 470uF 20% 10V; C104 ELECT 2200uF 20% 25V; C112 ELECT 1uF 20% 50V; C113 ELECT 3.3uF 20% 50V and let you know. Also found that this problem it's not only with this particular Sony model, there are others with the same issue, all are Sony but with different opticals. Maby Sony isn't telling us everything here. I think this two models uses the same lase pickup: Sony DVP NS775v and Sony DVP-S320 DVD. Thankyou all

Hi Joao!

I replaced the capacitors because my players is in standby mode much of the time. The caps looked okay visually, but I knew they had hundreds of hours on them so it seemed like a safe thing to do.

I think the real fix for hybrid SACD was the cleaning of the optics. I would suggest staring with a laser lens cleaner, and they are probably available at Amazon in Portugal. (Although the tricks from electricboyo should definitely checked!)

Good luck. I hope you can get it back to playing those hybrid discs again!

Hi guys, I cleaned the laser and calibrate it but didn't work for me. I notice one thing though, the player is recognizing the Hybrid SACDs disc as a dual layer disc, maby it's not a opticalbissue issue but some issue at the firmware, i really don't know but I give up 😞, if can help someone orvif I did anything wrong you can watch the video I made. Thankyou for the help 🙏

Hi guys, I cleaned the laser and calibrate it but didn't work for me. I notice one thing though, the player is recognizing the Hybrid SACDs disc as a dual layer disc, maby it's not a opticalbissue issue but some issue at the firmware, i really don't know but I give up 😞, if can help someone orvif I did anything wrong you can watch the video I made. Thankyou for the help 🙏
I ment "dual layer DVD disc" up there, sorry