Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Final price, final time coming

Tibi :
Can you refresh my memory, and may be someones's else, about the price of everything, with the best you can deliver, including that simple but hard to make upgrade that consists in the replacement of smd parts of the transport? Just the final price. Folks, I am talking about the most expensive and exquisite option that Tibi is offering here. There are here other options that can suit you.

Last edited:
Hi guys !!!
I would like to share my new project about shigaclone MKI oak housing design...
so here you go
in first 3D project :
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

With separated supply of course ! ;-)
Specificitie : turntable work on pillow of magnetics fields (uncontact junction)

Tomorrow I will buying extruded polystiren for 1:1 scaled model building
I hope made a a beautiful dress for the mecanic
I'll try posting evolutions project pics

does'nt exist a shiga enclosure thread ? To post my évolutive project ?
Thanks in advance
regards

Great sounding wood ,the oak.I am using it on my constructions to get desired tonal balance.
Of course ,other sorts of wood are desirable too ,but the oak is a special one :).
Can't wait to see your transport materialized.
Congratulations for design.

My brother design very well sure ^^ thank you for him Z Audio !
Oak for the first (cheaper in my region), exotic wood later why not :D
Magnetic pillow it's another challenge but I've got solution, but now wait and see my friends, secrets révélations in the end only !
Good night :cheers:

My brother design very well sure ^^ thank you for him Z Audio !
Oak for the first (cheaper in my region), exotic wood later why not :D
Magnetic pillow it's another challenge but I've got solution, but now wait and see my friends, secrets révélations in the end only !
Good night :cheers:
Being the air bearing solutions freak my self ,I noticed immediately the magnetic cushions and the idea attracted me beside the oak.
Exotic is good ,why not but if the cognac prefer the oak barrels ,I am sure that the Shiga also will like it very much :D.

Good night :)

What about to control your Shigaclone via blutooth from your personal device ? :D
We have developed Bluthor. An unified interface for MAYA (R-2R volume controller) and Shiga (CD transport), but not only for these two.
With a minimum intervention you'll be able to control almost any CD player.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20150112121834.jpg
    20150112121834.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 760
  • 20150112121901.jpg
    20150112121901.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 751
  • 20150112121913.jpg
    20150112121913.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 736
  • 20150112121929.jpg
    20150112121929.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 736
  • 20150112121942.jpg
    20150112121942.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 730
Cd motor mechanism tweak....

I have the Shigaraki transport -original 47 Lab- this past weekend I replaced the support washers with brass washers. One below the motor frame and one on top, so the frame is sandwiched between both wahers. I could not find a brass bolt to replace too. It seems to me that there is a noticeable difference in bth dynamics and detail retrieval. Cost 75 cents ad the 15 minuttes it took to install them.Try it, for you flks who do not have an enclosure this would take 30 seconds. Btw, imhave foundvthat using rubber grommets dampens high frequencies....

I have the Shigaraki transport -original 47 Lab- this past weekend I replaced the support washers with brass washers. One below the motor frame and one on top, so the frame is sandwiched between both wahers. I could not find a brass bolt to replace too. It seems to me that there is a noticeable difference in bth dynamics and detail retrieval. Cost 75 cents ad the 15 minuttes it took to install them.Try it, for you flks who do not have an enclosure this would take 30 seconds. Btw, imhave foundvthat using rubber grommets dampens high frequencies....

Copper should be even better.