Valve DAC from Linear Audio volume 13

Excellent.

A question for you guys; do you want to pull the trigger as soon as we have the minimum order quantity(MOQ) of 5 boards or wait and see if more members sign-up and reduce the unit cost? After 5 boards the next order threshold would be 10.

To put some perspective on that, the unit cost for 5 PCBs is around $80 per board and for 10 it is around $50. Those are prices from the PCB supplier and don't account for any import costs that I might incur, or onward shipping costs - a PCB is going to cost you more than those figures. I'm not looking to make anything out of the exercise and any additional costs will be passed on equitably to buyers at cost.

I wonder if there might be a long wait to get to 10? If you choose to go at 5 I'll close the buy down as soon as one more person signs-up.

Taking 2 boards sure is tempting. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who might add another board just before closure of the GB.

I can't wait to hear this DAC, there will be things we never heard before and I expect a really big soundstage.

Thanks Marcel and Ray for designing and biting the bullet and last but not least, initiating and supporting this!

Without shipping;

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 238
Brilliant!

The next order threshold is 15 boards when the unit price drops to circa $40 (basic cost again, without shipping and any import taxes). With 20 boards it falls to about $32.

If anyone really wants more than one PCB now might be a good time to increase your order quantity.