Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Building a Class Amplifier from Scratch
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 07:34 AM   #11
analog_sa is offline analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

All good points PRR.
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #12
hpro is offline hpro  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Step two in my Project to Create a Class A from Scratch

Guy thanks for input.. I just finished to make the board of the next step Version.. Still with a big *200Watt or more* RE.
But opposite to the schematic with the OP37 it's full trasistorized..

Since its from beginning on Class a, and it doesn't have a Current Source Transistor, its very hard to control, and I like to build amps with at least parts as possible..

So I use a PID to help control DC at the Output. It can be run without as well just pulling the IC and adjusting 0 Volt if needt.. thats it.. Tomorrow we will know, will apply Power this evening..
have some pics for you / tested only in Multisimm but version PCB old was tested in realtime and thats wha I had to make a new one.. and this I have to modify as well as Some Parts are to close to each other.,.

Using these Heat Sinks, I can save 8 transistors, it Generates less Heat * transistor only) and it's 75% less in weight. and this with almost the same Power . this one has a BIAS of 3.7 Ampere/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.Transistor PCB New PCB_s.jpg (202.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1.Class A trans from top_s.jpg (197.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2.Mounting Transistors_s.jpg (167.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 3..Class A sandwitch Trans bottom_s.jpg (356.6 KB, 12 views)
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #13
hpro is offline hpro  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Step two in my Project to Create a Class A from Scratch

Guy thanks for input.. I just finished to make the board of the next step Version.. Still with a big *200Watt or more* RE.
But opposite to the schematic with the OP37 it's full trasistorized..

Since its from beginning on Class a, and it doesn't have a Current Source Transistor, its very hard to control, and I like to build amps with at least parts as possible..

So I use a PID to help control DC at the Output. It can be run without as well just pulling the IC and adjusting 0 Volt if needt.. thats it.. Tomorrow we will know, will apply Power this evening..
have some pics for you / tested only in Multisimm but version PCB old was tested in realtime and thats wha I had to make a new one.. and this I have to modify as well as Some Parts are to close to each other.,.

Using these Heat Sinks, I can save 8 transistors, it Generates less Heat * transistor only) and it's 75% less in weight. and this with almost the same Power . this one has a BIAS of 3.7 Ampere/
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #14
JMFahey is online now JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpro View Post
Hi everyone here..

Building a Class A Amplifier from scratch.
Nice build(s), thanks for posting

Building a Class Amplifier from ScratchHide this!Advertise here!