TDA7498E don't produce any sound (red Amplifier module)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi my dears "DiyAudio" lovers. I purchase one amplifier module "TDA7498E 2 * 160 BTL (red pcb module)" from ebay.
First i wiring all connections from my power supply module 36V 5A (the cheap module from ebay) to TDA7498E and connect my 4Ohm speakers on TDA7498E.
All connections it's ok. Then I connected my laptop with RCA cable to the TDA7498E, and finally turned on the amplifier.
The red LED from the TDA7498E it's turn on, and i play music using my laptop but the TDA7498E amplifier module only work for about 15min with the volume knob in mine o'clock, it is not giving music but energy arrives at the TDA7498E because I measured the voltage and the TDA7498E receives 36V, and the red LED is on.
Than i turn off the TDA7498E and tried to see what was wrong. When removing the heatsink from the TDA7498E i see my amplifier do not have an Schottky diode on D8 and D9.
The other Schottky diodes for output channels is an "SS1060" but i cannot encouter this type of Schottky diode available to buy.
Anyone can help me to find any solution for can i put my amplifier module TDA7498E working?
I need your help, please.

Last edited:
Hi,
Any picture of your amp

Regards
MANOJ

Hi my dear "NANOJ", i hope you have an nice day.
Many many thanks for your time helping me.
Meanwhile, this is the picture of my amplifier.
Can you help me find some compatible schottky diodes for i can use in my amplifier?

Best regards.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_224442-2.jpg
    IMG_20200509_224442-2.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 200
Anyone can help me find some compatible schottky diode for my amplifier board "TDA7498"?
My board is detective and don't have the schottky diode on position D8 and D9.
The other schottky diodes i have on the output channels is an schottky diode SS1060.
Can anyone help find some schottky diode compatible with this?

Best regards.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-14 202505.jpg
    Annotation 2020-05-14 202505.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 144
Do they look anything like these.

If so then it might give a clue on the specs and help you choose something similar. As long as what you fit is fast enough and rated sufficiently in current and voltage then it should be fine. Speed is very important in switching applications.

https://uk.farnell.com/on-semiconductor/mbr1060/diode-schottky/dp/1611585

Thanks Mooly but i need schottky diode SMD and i don't know if this schottky diode you say fit on the amplifier board "TDA7498E".
I need something like this picture but i can encouter something like that.
And other question, is possible, with this defective, without this schottky diode my IC 'TDA7498E" it's been damage?

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_002952_786.jpg
    IMG_20200515_002952_786.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It's possible use the schottky diode SMD SS86?
It's very similiar, but only rated for 8A.
Can you give me a help dear "Mooly"?
My knowledge is not to much about this.

Best regards.

Ideally we need to see a circuit diagram to see how it is used. If you can fit any kind of suitably rated part as a quick test then I would do so rather than trying to source the exact part only to find you have other issues with the board.

Hi,
your photo not clear, anyhow I think the diode placed in supply rail (supply reverse protect).OR if it is in speaker line (clamp diode)don't worry about that, not necessary it will work without clamp diode.
15min. run means some other component was wrong.

Regards
MANOJ

As MANOJ says, if (and we are not sure but if... )this is all the diode does then its not required for testing the board. It should all work without it.

You would need to verify what the diode does first though.

Ideally we need to see a circuit diagram to see how it is used. If you can fit any kind of suitably rated part as a quick test then I would do so rather than trying to source the exact part only to find you have other issues with the board.

As MANOJ says, if (and we are not sure but if... )this is all the diode does then its not required for testing the board. It should all work without it.

You would need to verify what the diode does first though.

You can see on the picture the circuit diagram from datasheet for TDA7498E.
I don't understand to much reading the circuit diagram, can you help me?
Latter i will post a new picture of the board with better quality.

Best regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-15-14-08-38.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-15-14-08-38.png
    247 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You can see on the picture the circuit diagram from datasheet for TDA7498E.
I don't understand to much reading the circuit diagram, can you help me?
Latter i will post a new picture of the board with better quality.

Best regards.

Those diodes clamp any voltage spikes to either ground or to the positive rail (depending on the polarity of the spike) and so prevent the output pin of the IC being taken either above the supply voltage or below ground potential which could damage it.

The type of diode is not critical but it must be a fast switching type and have a voltage rating equal to at least twice the DC supply voltage plus a safety margin. The current handling needs to be at least a couple of amps or more.

Just try whatever you can get that matches that requirement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.