Infineon MA12070 Class D

Also I add I2C isolator on the plate (ADUM1250), so MA12070p will have galvanic isolation from microcontroller that will be connected via I2C bus.
The main advantge of this chip that it doesn't need radiator for cooling, so user can place it on top of each other and I2S wires will be shorten as much as possible and 3-4 amps system will be really compact.

Last edited:
Nice work Onefabis. Have your ordered PCBs yet?

Can you please post a shematic here in pdf or jpg so we do not have to open the EasyEDA file and have extra software?

Thanks,
X

Yes, I've ordered it already, but jlcpcb notified me about Chinese holidays till 5th of October, so the shipping will delay for a while.

BTW, you can open the link to easyeda in browser editor, without any software installed on the PC.
Best regards, Alex

Hi amigos,

I received the new version of Audiophonics MA12070p board Rev 1.3 (vs rev 1.2).
The new version has a few speakers connectors...

Can you help me to setup the board in Mono mode (double Mono)
what is the correct picture 1 or 2 or 3 ?

Infineon-help.jpg

Version 1.2

Infineon-Help-2.jpg

Amplifier is finished and sounds awesome.
1h listening test = fantastic sound stage, really dead silence amp. I will test it more this week but I am really surprised about the amp ) No pop sound, 0 noise.

IMG-20201011-193730.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Reactions: 1 user
PMP2 sometimes has lower distortion, mostly though seems PMP1 does a little bit better on THD (though it depends on load impedance). PMP1 is the one recommended for active speakers, presumably it radiates a bit more EMI than PMP2.

The DS is quite involved, its tricky to understand all the ins and outs of 'Power modes' but the default is that the chip will automagically select the most suitable power mode depending on the signal level. It takes a CPU to override the automatic selection.