Setting up a Fusion Amp 3-way Step-by-Step

Been setting up my filters using measurement and EQ filters in REW and directly editing the filters in HFD. The "load filters option" is grayed out, even though I have it connected to the amp, FA503. Everything seems setup correctly but I must be overlooking something. Any suggestions what the problem could be?

I never used one.

When doing filter development, I set the soft clip limiter to 10W for large woofers, 5W for small woofers/mids, and 2 W for tweeters. All my filter measurements are done at about 80 dB.

I should mention that all my Hypex Fusion work has been with the amps set up in their most simple way: I only use analog inputs, and both left and right amps are completely independent, i.e. both are set to "Master".

It seems that when using digital inputs, or when setting them up as "master - slave", there is more opportunity to make an error and go full output to a driver.

So for me, it made sense to skip the capacitor.

Jim

I do observe an issue with one of my 253 plate amps. I use them in master/slave arrangement and they are connected with each other via SPDIF. The master unit is conected to the remote control PCB. The master is fed via AES/EBU.

Since several days I am confronted with a situation with no output from any of the speakers and when the master is connected to PC via USB, HFD shows no input level on the VU meter. The meter resides constantly at -72dB (dBu? cant remember). I have the latest FW on both plate amps and have already tried performing a FW update on the master-unit and also did a "restore factory defaults".

Today I have exchanged master and slave and this setup works flawlessly.

I have the suspicion the DIR (digital input receiver) or the DSP of the initial master unit does not lock/sync properly to the incoming carrier.

Is this a known issue? What can be done to "re-enable" the AES input on my fusion plate amplifier?

TheoSweden --

I would like to be able to control the 3 slave units when the master is connected, is that possible? There is is LOT of moving usb-cable when testing different settings on all channels.

I haven't found a work around for this either.

The USB connection only enables changing the configuration settings.
These devices don't support the kind of daisy chaining of USB for configuration of settings that they do for distributing the digital audio signal from master to slave units.

Hypex support may have a solution. I've found them responsive.

Alternatively, get something like a miniDSP SHD to use as DSP & DAC and only use the Hypex amplifier modules, driving them in analog.

I've done exactly this in one of my systems and it works.

Yes it is a pity you can only connect one plate amp at a time. I still do not understand why multiple units together is not supported. I would think that there must be a possibility to achieve this. At some point in time I was even thinking about creating a DIY device with relais to auto switch USB. And also to be able to disconnect USB during critical listening...