Hypex Fusion bug and wishlist

An option for being able to save projects in any location would be good.
My "My Documents" folder is mapped to my NAS, and it appears HFD has difficulties writing over the network.
By default projects are saved in "My Docs" and it cannot be changed, therefore unless I temporarily move My Docs onto my local C: drive, I cannot save anything. This is a real PIA

Overall however I think the fusions are amazing (I have the 503s). My main system is B&W800s driven by 400W Classe mono's (£35k worth of gear), and I can honestly say that my DIY actives are easily in the same league

I also don't see why HFD gets so much flack? Sure it could be better, but creating filters is pretty straightforward.

If the guys want to take inspiration from something simple then I prefer the Behringer iNuke software. I really like the ability to change things on the fly and it's generally much better than HFD)

Couple of features I would like however;
1. Ability to read from the amp the current presets (it could be easy to lose track of what is currently uploaded, or even lose the file)
2. Controlling 2 fusions from 1 usb (and daisy chained via spdif)
3. Realtime adjustments - especially if the rumoured master PEQ is implemented
4. Dynamic EQ
5. Display all channels on graph at once
6. A bigger offset for preset levels (+-12 isn't enough)

These are mainly nice-to-haves though, not essential

Good work to the guys at Hypex!

Although it's not strictly FA related, but more of HFD.
In an another topic some are criticize that the HFD manual suggests LR4 slopes as the 'best choice'.
This is not correct since for example LR2 have better time domain response (only 1/2 cycle delay for the low-passed driver compared to LR4 1 cycle delay) hence LR4 is not always the best. Best means better in every situation, but that's not the case with LR4 or every other slope. Yeah, LR4 is sometimes the best 'compromise', but sometimes it's not.
So a little correction wouldn't hurt the manual I think.

I would like to have all audio processing and especially all biquad processing in double precision (64 bit). This could sound better than single precision processing. The ADAU2450 should easily be able to handle this I would think.

Also, if technically possible (which I doubt), I would appreciate if the DAC would be controlled with 32 bit.

Fedde

I would like to have all audio processing and especially all biquad processing in double precision (64 bit). This could sound better than single precision processing. The ADAU2450 should easily be able to handle this I would think.

Also, if technically possible (which I doubt), I would appreciate if the DAC would be controlled with 32 bit.

Fedde

Who said the biquads in the Fusion are running single precision?

Just asked the soft en firmware designer: The channel biquads are running in double precision but by a strange mistake the pre eq not. This will be corrected in the next firmware update. Hypex support will be updated to:D

Thanks for taking action here ds23man, greatly appreciated. And good to hear that the next firmware update will get an improvement on this topic.

Still I wonder why I can hear the difference between negative and positieve channel gains (see longer Fusion thread for details). Could it be that the channel gains and or the master volume gain are not in double precision? Or that in between the biquads precision is lost, e.g. because the signal becomes 8.24 format again?

Fedde