Chip Amp Photo Gallery

I'm a kiwi, lol. My name is Dave. Pleased to meet you, I've enjoyed your builds on the 4s tube preamp build. I've built a few of these now and exclusively use it in my system with my monoblock shown, I also use a second lm3886 to run my woofers in my open baffles.

Mate, miss-read the flag. Good to meet. I see you guys are copping lockdown again too. Not as bad as Vic. Good time to be doing sometime into DIY audio. Time to Haka down!

Here's my four-channel LM3886 amp with balanced inputs and soft start. All circuits and board layouts are my own design. I'll probably publish the schematics and board layouts before sometime soon (if there's interest). I also have some extra PCBs I could sell.

The amp is very quiet (despite the proximity of channel 4 to the power transformer) with no perceptible hum or buzz. Output noise should theoretically be somewhere in the 20-30µV range (A-weighted), but I don't have the means to measure this at the moment. DC offset is less than 1mV.

Attachments

• lm3886_top.jpg
    lm3886_top.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • lm3886_front.jpg
    lm3886_front.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 1,151
Reactions: 1 user
Here's my four-channel LM3886 amp with balanced inputs and soft start. All circuits and board layouts are my own design. I'll probably publish the schematics and board layouts before sometime soon (if there's interest). I also have some extra PCBs I could sell.

The amp is very quiet (despite the proximity of channel 4 to the power transformer) with no perceptible hum or buzz. Output noise should theoretically be somewhere in the 20-30µV range (A-weighted), but I don't have the means to measure this at the moment. DC offset is less than 1mV.
Nice work.

I built this one from chipamp.com PCBs but bought my own components from Mouser... RDV

Hi ! very nice amp ... i like the layout a lot.

63893d1147277622-chip-amp-photo-gallery-amp-8small-jpg

sorry ... i have a question ... why not move the PSU board with diodes and caps closer to the amps boards, placing it between the two ?
is there a reason to keep it instead closer to the mains transformer ? just asking ...
Thanks a lot

Your amp looks nice , are you planning to use those 4 channels for active speakers?
I would like to see the schematic if you dont mind,
Thanks
Gabe

Your amp looks nice , are you planning to use those 4 channels for active speakers?
I would like to see the schematic if you dont mind,
Thanks
Gabe

Yes, I'm using it for the big two-ways I built earlier this year. The amps I was using previously were too noisy (audible hiss at the listening position).

Here's the schematic (excluding power supply stuff):

attachment.php

It's basically just an instrumentation amp. The input buffers run off a ±15V regulated supply.

Attachments

• lm3886_amp_balanced_input.png
    lm3886_amp_balanced_input.png
    58 KB · Views: 2,640