DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive

Not too long ago, I desired SG4 from 7-Segment to LCD display which I thought may look very cool. I shot a question here and was told the SG4 firmware doesn't support LCD and may have to be rewritten just for this. I gave up this idea since its too much of a hassle at this moment, settle for the original 7 Segment LED display. I have 3 displays (actually 2 are essential) Main frequency display, output voltage (utilizing a 3rd party LED AC voltmeter) and DC Voltmeter monitoring the DC regulator output that power the SG4 (not really necessary but I seemed to like having it there for fun and reassurance the adjustable DC regulator is working perfectly). My controller is still housed in an open architecture state and subject to any mods I'd like to do merely for fun sake.

Last edited:
My first post here. I've been reading this thread as well and the companion treads and wanted to give Bill a thanks for his efforts. I stumbled upon the threads while searching for motor ideas for a DIY "VPI" turntable (I have a VPI platter and inverted bearing to build around). I look forward to getting started. I'm sure I will have questions so thanks in advance to all others who provide support on this forum as well.

Has anyone heard any news on Seth Hensel distributing chips for the US? I am still very much interested in building the SG4 since I have an LP12 with what appears to be a dying Valhalla PS. I'd rather not try to fix the Valhalla if I can get the SG4 built.

Thanks for any news.

Ken

Has anyone heard any news on Seth Hensel distributing chips for the US? I am still very much interested in building the SG4 since I have an LP12 with what appears to be a dying Valhalla PS. I'd rather not try to fix the Valhalla if I can get the SG4 built.

Thanks for any news.

Ken

Seth has agreed to take over US distribution from twysted. Contact him via PM (see updated O/P of this thread.

Thanks for any news.

Ken

Ken, I sent Seth a PM a while back asking that he reply when he has some stock. I've not heard back, so either he missed my PM or he does not have any chips yet to send out. I'm not sure...

25 boards are on their way to Pyramid for programming. He has generously offered to expedite as will I. Once the first batch is in hand i will be able to capture costs and will invoice accordingly.

Since Pyramid is donating his intellectual property to the cause and is also programming gratis, i will also donate my services to the cause.

That said, expect actual shipping charges to reflect shipping from Digi-Key to Pyramid, from Pyramid to Florida, (divided by 25) and finally from Florida to the end user. A padded $5.00 first class USPS envelope seems to work well.

The programmed boards will be arriving in Tampa shortly. Will turn around ASAP when they arrive. Having significant issues at the moment with internet connectivity. Am out of the area at the moment where i DO have access to DIYAUDIO.

If you have an order pending or wish to order, please contact me at: sethhensel (AT) verizon (DOT) net. Presume you know what do do with the spaces and parentheses. I will have 25 boards available for distribution.

The boards arrived. They will be shipped inside the protective plastic clip they arrived in and covered in anti-static wrap.

Cost will be $5.70/ea + $5.00 shipping (envelope) or $7.20 (box) inside CONUS. Overseas will obviously be case by case. USPS is by far the least expensive option. Shipping cost is independent of number of boards ordered. They are tiny.

Please provide your PayPal address via my personal email which is also my PayPal address. I will invoice and ship upon receipt of funds.

17 boards shipping out tomorrow morning.

1. Project is most certainly not expiring.

2. Have boards to ship. Let me know. I’ll invoice you through PayPal.

3. I’ll maintain the above noted pricing for this batch. However, the envelope option is no longer available. If you ordered and paid for the envelope, that will ship as ordered tomorrow. The box is vastly superior, and considerably less work for me. The envelope is not designed for this use.

4. I misstated the class of delivery. It wil be Priority, not First Class.

Make that 21 board shipping tomorrow.

Price will rise with next batch. Despite my best efforts to capture all costs, i am nowhere near at the current rate. I will still donate my time, but need to capture PayPal fees, packing materials, and shipping. I will compensate Pyramid for his cost to ship to me as well. That will be amortized into the price going forward.

Will still be a great deal for a project available nowhere else.

Last edited: