Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Balanced Volume Controller / Line Stage
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2021, 03:20 AM   #161
alexcp is offline alexcp  United States
diyAudio Member

Any 3-pin negative 15V regulator in TO-220 with the correct pinout, such as 7915, will work fine. The board only needs about 60mA on each rail, so the current capability is not an issue.

Last edited by alexcp; 28th February 2021 at 03:24 AM.
Old 28th February 2021, 03:09 PM   #162
goopile is offline goopile
diyAudio Member

Great, thank you!
Old 1st March 2021, 01:16 PM   #163
Jorgeldr is offline Jorgeldr
diyAudio Member

Default WM8816

Hi Alex,
I would like to purchase the circuit board for wm8816 and the assembled controller board, but I do not see them at your web shop.
Is it available?
Jorge
Old 1st March 2021, 05:14 PM   #164
diyAudio Member

The WM8816 board is certainly available, but the controller board is not available yet.
Old 15th March 2021, 02:56 PM   #165
Deenoo is offline Deenoo
diyAudio Member

Default MUSES controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcp View Post
Here is a one minute video showing the MUSES board and the controller in action.

The display is a 4-digit alphanumeric LED display from Spark X, based on the HT16K33 controller. The volume level is displayed in percent, 0 to 100. The remote is an old (white) Apple remote; the newer aluminium one also works. Pairing and unpairing of the remote is supported.
Hi Alex,
What we saw in the video is promising!
I think many of us are interested in, how the control project stands?
BR/D'
Old 18th March 2021, 01:59 AM   #166
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your interest!

I am working on manufacturing, programming and testing the boards so that I could offer a reliable product. A couple of beta testers have been helping with feedback so far. In addition, Sparkfun discontinued the 14-segment displays from the video, so I need to find or make a suitable replacement. The code to control all my boards (and a couple of new designs) is stable, and I am using it in my own builds. Turns out it is much easier to make a one-off volume control than to make something that would work again and again in various use cases, but I am sure I will get there.
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:36 PM   #167
Deenoo is offline Deenoo
diyAudio Member

Default display

Hi Alex,

what do you think of this (https://hu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...HSazC0Ow%3D%3D) display may be suitable? a little more expensive then the Sparkfun.
Old 24th March 2021, 02:04 AM   #168
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenoo View Post
Hi Alex,

what do you think of this (https://hu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...HSazC0Ow%3D%3D) display may be suitable? a little more expensive then the Sparkfun.
Thank you for alerting me to this. I will get one to make it work. Adafruit makes it in different colors, too, and the displays are available even at Amazon (search for "Adafruit Quad Alphanumeric Display"). The SparkX display uses the same HT16K33 chip to drive the LEDs, but the LED display itself is multiplexed differently, so the program to control it will be somewhat different, too.
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #169
Deenoo is offline Deenoo
diyAudio Member

Hi Alex,
did you manage to find the right display?
Regards, D'
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #170
diyAudio Member

Yes - thank you for the link. The display from Adafruit is very much suitable, and I will make it work shortly. Compared to the display from SparkX, this one has a different mapping of segments to bits, so it needs a bit of work. On the positive side, Adafruit's support is great.

Also, I finally built a little programming and testing jig with pogo pins, which allows me to test and program controller/encoder boards without soldering connectors to them:
Balanced Volume Controller / Line Stage-img_2797-png

So I am moving forward with this project.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2797.png (366.2 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by alexcp; Yesterday at 02:24 PM.

Balanced Volume Controller / Line StageHide this!Advertise here!