Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

Very minor bug - when the volume is set to 00 (but not in mute mode) and the 'MENU' button is pressed on the remote then the volume digits disappear. They return when the volume is incremented.

This can be fixed by modifying: void setVolume

...by moving the printTwoNumber(VOLCOL, vol); statement to outside of the second 'if' block to force a refresh regardless of the value of the vol variable.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will check it out.

Code is just a simple one to display the digits, I haven't done any integration with vxd. I need to make this work first with original lcd before I can start integrating OLED into existing code. I am still waiting for some parts to arrive. I don't know about power requirements and datasheet, but it's being powered from arduino nano currently.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What are the size of the PCBs for this project?

I haven't read thru every post yet, but I can't seem to find any mention of the size of the 3 PCBs needed for this project. ShenZen2U the fab company cancelled my order because the size was wrong. Silly me for assuming the size of all things would be included in the Gerber file. Do I have to open each 'board' file in Eagle just to find out the size. I've never used Eagle or any fab service so it's all new to me.

Can someone simply post the 3 PCB dimensions and what they are. i.e Controller, PSU. etc.

Thanks,
Rick

I quite like the Hi-Fi2000 cases, such as this:

Galaxy Maggiorato GX283 230 x 230 mm pannello frontale 10mm ARGENTO

One of these would be ideal, but I fear that the CNC work would make the cost prohibitive. Modushop does offer customisations but milling both sides of the panel costs a minimum of 60 Euros on top of the base price of 42.50!

Just ordered one of these, purely for the case and the pre-drilled front panel:

In case TDA7498E 160W+160W 4ohm 2 ways input choose remote LCD display amplifier DC16~32V-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Hopefully it will be possible to remove the text printed on the case's front panel. The internals will mostly be discarded.

As a bonus the LCD, IR sensor and rotary encoder are all included and mounted correctly. I'll have to rework the display layout and code to cater for the 1602 LCD though.

Also the power supply will have to be housed outside of the case. I may even resort to a single input voltage as there is a socket already mounted in the case and with three buck converters set to the correct voltages and housed inside the unit - I've been running a configuration similar to this for a few days now, with a 24V input voltage sourced from a Naim NAP 200 clone, with good success:

5pcs LM2596s 3A DC to DC Buck Converter Adjustable Power Step Down Module | eBay