zen without feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good point Dave.
As a matter of fact, you are right, ofcourse;) As I said, I consider a pair of single driver speakers for this amp!

Steen:cool:

I’m sure you could find those caps at Digy Key, I guess 15mf at 35V are good enough. But you don’t have a US passport!!!
I wasnt looking for the caps:D :D :D Only the footprint for them in Eagle:D :D My passport is valid all over this globe I guess!! I deal with people from Japan, Taiwan, Canada, China, Italy....... Even the States:D :D :D This is a very nice hobby indeed, you get connected to people all over the planet;) I love that:cool:

Apassgear Schematic

Looking at your schematic, I think there should be a 50k resistor to ground in front of the C6. In the original Zen schematic (TAA 2/94) this resistor was designated R9 (47k5). Also, if you look at the F2 manual's specs you'll see that the amp has a 50k input impedance.

Regards

Ejam

Looking at your schematic, I think there should be a 50k resistor to ground in front of the C6. In the original Zen schematic (TAA 2/94) this resistor was designated R9 (47k5). Also, if you look at the F2 manual's specs you'll see that the amp has a 50k input impedance.
I did give a lot of consideration to R9!
But as NP say's, the input impedance for this is, quoting Mr Pass himself!!
As to input impedance, it will be the Gate resistor to ground
Read post #82 or there about!!
I figured R9 in the original circuit woudn't help?

This is totally OT, but I have just got to share today's event with you:D Guess what, my girl invited some of her friends over (Girls:D )
I did prepare a 3 dish dinner for them, so I am today's hero!! Take a look at these babes:) They loved my food, so I am happy:)

Attachments

• seven_chicks.jpg
    seven_chicks.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 672
I think you need to add one more 7.5 v zener to the string, you only have 30 volts with 4 of these, less 4 volts that the pass mosfet is going to drop. As the schematic stands you will have about 26 Volts, not the expected 33 as shown in the schematic. Other than that looks good :yes:

-D

steenoe said:
I did give a lot of consideration to R9!
But as NP say's, the input impedance for this is, quoting Mr Pass himself!! Read post #82 or there about!!
I figured R9 in the original circuit woudn't help?

To my thinking R9 of the original article only works as a termination for the source and could be needed if you use a low impedance one, and maybe an even lower value. It wont have any influence on the amp itself

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.